Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA chief of training, a good thing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just hoping its someone who can publish a read before fly without the very next day needing to recall because it has errors.

This is great news! Hopefully this will be a giant leap forward in getting SWA up to par with the technologies that AT utilized in the Flight Ops arena.

Yeah, because we just moved our headquarters to the US from Kazakhstan. :rolleyes:

Canyonblue- thats too defensive man. I love swa. Drink the koolaid every night- but flight ops training hasn't been stellar in my short 6 years- Not awful, we have a great flyer culture and I've met some of the best pilots online -but not a great system yet, and dependent on the individual pilots and instructors effort and expertise to get it done-
I welcome some fresh eyes- and if AT pilots, who had plenty of negatives to say about their previous mgmt, say good things on this man- that should speak volumes-

No ego or axe to grind sounds like a good leader. Not a threat to swa at all

I think it's great. We've been stuck in the stone ages not only in our technology but also in our ideologies. I'm glad to see the company recognize this- it's a good first step. And I second Waveflyer's comment- if this guy has the approval of the AT guys on this forum, then he has my approval as well...

Yeah, because we just moved our headquarters to the US from Kazakhstan. :rolleyes:

Lighten up Francis. You will soon be doing your W&B and receiving your performance data via acars or iPad. Soon you will be able to retire that TI-80 thingy behind your seat.

Canyonblue- thats too defensive man. I love swa. Drink the koolaid every night- but flight ops training hasn't been stellar in my short 6 years- Not awful, we have a great flyer culture and I've met some of the best pilots online -but not a great system yet, and dependent on the individual pilots and instructors effort and expertise to get it done-
I welcome some fresh eyes- and if AT pilots, who had plenty of negatives to say about their previous mgmt, say good things on this man- that should speak volumes-

No ego or axe to grind sounds like a good leader. Not a threat to swa at all

Not being defensive at all. Just love how some of the AAI jokers think that one of their technological geniuses will lift this place out of the 70's. It's not the person, it's the mindset in Dallas. Will he be willing to TELL the brass how to do things HIS way, or will he just fold like a card table and shut up to ensure his longevity in Dallas? Time will tell, apparently the AAI crowd are confident he will do the former, I'll be waiting.

Lighten up Francis. You will soon be doing your W&B and receiving your performance data via acars or iPad. Soon you will be able to retire that TI-80 thingy behind your seat.

ACARS, yeah that's the future. :rolleyes: What info do you think the IPAD will display? The OPC Cooter! I had an AAI jumpseater tell me all about how great getting W&B with ACARS is, I don't think he even understood how the OPC worked. Now I understand where it comes from.

Not being defensive at all. Just love how some of the AAI jokers think that one of their technological geniuses will lift this place out of the 70's. It's not the person, it's the mindset in Dallas. Will he be willing to TELL the brass how to do things HIS way, or will he just fold like a card table and shut up to ensure his longevity in Dallas? Time will tell, apparently the AAI crowd are confident he will do the former, I'll be waiting.

I have to agree with Canyonblue.

I'm glad to see progression toward the Ipad. W&B via ACARS will be a step backward. If we go that route, then you can expect to pull into the hammerhead and wait for your numbers. You'll be running one engine, but waiting long enough that it will burn down to the two engine (taxi-out) level in the end. So where's the savings?

Latest resources

Back