• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Startup with contracted pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>What are you Smoking??? This industry doesn't need any of this!!! You're saying getting paid "Power by the Hour" is the way to go for Pilots??? No Benefits?? Next thing you know you'll be telling me its ok the out source our jobs to foriegn pilots. <<

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the 50% pay cut I took, wonderful work rule changes, and did I mention outsourcing to $18/hr regional guys?

Assume they did pay benefits, did give a decent wage and didn't have all the crap associated with management, to me, it sounds like a better deal than I have now!

ATR-DRIVR said:
Mostly heavy duty former Delta management types are running the show. .

Yeah, that'l be a good one.[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was that these guys are from the Delta "flight operations" side of the house although at least one of them was once in Mahogany row over there and as far as I am concerend has impecable credentials. Just because a person has a "management" background does not mean that he is dumb, self serving or not interested in the wefare of the employees. Sounds like you may be Comair guy? Hope things turn out well for you in the future.

I interviewed with SkyLink on the 12th and still waiting to hear. Good group of folks with an interesting business plan. The name will be changed to MaxJet before operations begin late this spring. It's not a 'contract job', at least for the flight deck crews, but they are recruiting cabin crews on the other side of the pond, so it's possible that's where the rumor started. The only thing different about this job is you're paid a straight salary. They've 'disconnected the throttles from the payroll', is how one guy put it.

[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was that these guys are from the Delta "flightoperations" side of the house although at least one of them was once inMahogany row over there and as far as I am concerend has impecablecredentials. Just because a person has a "management" background doesnot mean that he is dumb, self serving or not interested in the wefareof the employees. Sounds like you may be Comair guy? Hope things turnout well for you in the future.[/QUOTE]

Ah, no, not CMR (see avatar).. IF the 'management' IS from theflight ops side then ok, good deal. If they are from the nextfloor up former 'management' then I would say they do NOT have thewelfare of employees in mind.

Magrs wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the 50% pay cut I took, wonderful work rule changes, and did I mention outsourcing to $18/hr regional guys?

Assume they did pay benefits, did give a decent wage and didn't have all the crap associated with management, to me, it sounds like a better deal than I have now![/QUOTE] Magrs

Well speak for yourself! The industry does not need to be run by contract pilots!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back