New Star Tribune Article: MESABA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gnx99 said:
If you read that $11,000 figure the company wants, I guarantee it's not the unions who will destroy the company.

Ahhh, but you don't understand. For D'Angelo (his name is the only place you'll see an apostrophe) he has to blame the evil unions. It's in his genetic makeup. He has no need for a union contract...he's living it up (see NUMEROUS posts about his lifstyle under his various rants).

Anyhow, I'm very proud of our unions here at Mesaba. I know the ruling was a small victory, but a victory nontheless. I'm a short timer at XJ now, and it saddens me that I will be leaving such a great group of people. Keep up the fight.

We can save this profession from Managements and D'Angelos.

kmox29 said:
Ahhh, but you don't understand. For D'Angelo (his name is the only place you'll see an apostrophe) he has to blame the evil unions. It's in his genetic makeup. He has no need for a union contract...he's living it up (see NUMEROUS posts about his lifstyle under his various rants).

Anyhow, I'm very proud of our unions here at Mesaba. I know the ruling was a small victory, but a victory nontheless. I'm a short timer at XJ now, and it saddens me that I will be leaving such a great group of people. Keep up the fight.

We can save this profession from Managements and D'Angelos.

Actually at first I was quite neutral on the subject of unions. I saw what type of contract I got at comair and thought maybe they arent all that bad. Then I started doing reasearch into the many corrupt unions that exist in the US. From their tireless compaign of forced unionism to wanting to do violence on anyone who disagrees with with etc. They hide under the cloak of keeping wages up and safety however its easy to see through their agenda. They are all about control and fear and money.

They really do have you all fearing that without a union your totally helpless and those management bullies would just walk over everyone for no reason. They want to control their members. They dont like it when someone speaks out against the union. It started out as just having some differing opinions then I saw how angry and belligerent union members become if you even dare question anything the union does. So its been building for a long time. Trust me hardcore unionism actually makes people want to vote opposite how the union wants you to if they get too vocal. Example at comair. Some guys would get soo vocal and soo angry anytime someone would just talk about voting yes to save their job. Eventually people started voting yes one to save their job and two to stick it to the union guys. First and foremost it was to save their jobs but it was extra sweet telling the vocal union where to shove it. Anger fear and lies will no longer work.

I wonder if ALPO has a contest to see who makes the prettiest picket sign. Maybe they hang them up at a denny's restaurant and try to collect money.

I bet D'angelo is still lookin for Jimmy Hoffa too.

D'Angelo said:
Actually at first I was quite neutral on the subject of unions. I saw what type of contract I got at comair and thought maybe they arent all that bad. Then I started doing reasearch into the many corrupt unions that exist in the US. From their tireless compaign of forced unionism to wanting to do violence on anyone who disagrees with with etc. They hide under the cloak of keeping wages up and safety however its easy to see through their agenda. They are all about control and fear and money.

They really do have you all fearing that without a union your totally helpless and those management bullies would just walk over everyone for no reason. They want to control their members. They dont like it when someone speaks out against the union. It started out as just having some differing opinions then I saw how angry and belligerent union members become if you even dare question anything the union does. So its been building for a long time. Trust me hardcore unionism actually makes people want to vote opposite how the union wants you to if they get too vocal. Example at comair. Some guys would get soo vocal and soo angry anytime someone would just talk about voting yes to save their job. Eventually people started voting yes one to save their job and two to stick it to the union guys. First and foremost it was to save their jobs but it was extra sweet telling the vocal union where to shove it. Anger fear and lies will no longer work.

With all your experience, people should really listen to you. You are a really smart person when it comes to giving advice, especially in the arena of unionism.
How are you doing with your replacement training for flight attendants?

737 Pylt said:
With all your experience, people should really listen to you. You are a really smart person when it comes to giving advice, especially in the arena of unionism.
How are you doing with your replacement training for flight attendants?

Thanks for the kind words its good to see people are starting to think for themselves and outside of the unionism box!! Wouldnt know about FA training never been through it and dont plan on being one. Not that they arent easily replaceable but they will be dealt with in time. The only mistake comair made is not having some replacements ready to go.

punkpilot48 said:
I bet D'angelo is still lookin for Jimmy Hoffa too.

Hey man have you tried getting someone that you or your captain denied a jumpseat to hit with trespassing for having an ID-90. hahahah thatd be fun to watch. I wish I could be the one testing it out.

No that this thread is hijacked, lets get back on topic. Compass airlines is to operate on Flyi's routes and not on XJ/9E/NWA routes.

i know that judge ruled in our favor, but he seriously thinks that Mesaba management's business proposal was on the up and up? Could he not see through the fact that our money has and is being sucked out of our pockets by MAIR holdings? This guy is a tool to say the least, the only positive thing that came of this entire ruling is a couple more paychecks at full pay. OH and maybe even being able to strike. Cause if he rules agian, i beeleive he will rule for the company, even though company's like comair skywest airwisconsin etc, can make money and pay their people more than us???

So lets all ask Mr smart a$$ judge, how can other airlines survive when they pay better than mesaba? How jerkoff?????????? does anyone know how i can join his fan club? Does this guy know whats its like to be a "professional" and never make over 30 grand a year after being in this industry for years???????DAm i want my voice heard.

Latest resources

Back