New Star Tribune Article: MESABA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjhawk said:
i know that judge ruled in our favor, but he seriously thinks that Mesaba management's business proposal was on the up and up? Could he not see through the fact that our money has and is being sucked out of our pockets by MAIR holdings? This guy is a tool to say the least, the only positive thing that came of this entire ruling is a couple more paychecks at full pay. OH and maybe even being able to strike. Cause if he rules agian, i beeleive he will rule for the company, even though company's like comair skywest airwisconsin etc, can make money and pay their people more than us???

So lets all ask Mr smart a$$ judge, how can other airlines survive when they pay better than mesaba? How jerkoff?????????? does anyone know how i can join his fan club? Does this guy know whats its like to be a "professional" and never make over 30 grand a year after being in this industry for years???????DAm i want my voice heard.

I bet if a bunch of us poor FO's light ourselves on fire on the two-lane road in front of the training center in Eagen, like the monks in Saigon in '67, people might take notice, but only because we shut off a lane of traffic and stopped them from getting their lunch at Burger King in a timely manner. Plus I can't afford a gallon of gas anyway...nevermind...go gophers baseball.

D'Angelo said:
Thanks for the kind words its good to see people are starting to think for themselves and outside of the unionism box!! Wouldnt know about FA training never been through it and dont plan on being one. Not that they arent easily replaceable but they will be dealt with in time. The only mistake comair made is not having some replacements ready to go.

Man,

You are such a dirtbag, Mesaba has been through hell and held together, passed up jets for better pay, and told managment to go to hell. You should be ashamed for even posting on this thread. We ALL know why you got your job in the first place, so dont be so c0cky, because you never deserved it, and I feel bad for the CA that have to babby sit you because you never put your time in anywhere else. And I can say that, because I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and I know what CA say that have flow with you. enjoy d1ckhead

Terrain Terrain said:
Man,

You are such a dirtbag, Mesaba has been through hell and held together, passed up jets for better pay, and told managment to go to hell. You should be ashamed for even posting on this thread. We ALL know why you got your job in the first place, so dont be so c0cky, because you never deserved it, and I feel bad for the CA that have to babby sit you because you never put your time in anywhere else. And I can say that, because I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and I know what CA say that have flow with you. enjoy d1ckhead

ALPO is just as much to blame for this situation. Instead of trying to help think of ways to save the airline they were too busy making posters. No one has to babysit me I pull my own weight here at cmr

Kmox29

Where you going? you can't leave me here, this place sucks!

"I'm a short timer at XJ now, and it saddens me that I will be leaving such a great group of people. Keep up the fight."

Does the judge's ruling mean MAIR can reapply to reject the contracts in the future?

Everything except the scope clause (everything over 19 seats by a carrier under Mair holdings must be by Mesaba seniority list) is able to be recontested in court. And it's likely to be real soon.

xjhawk said:
i know that judge ruled in our favor, but he seriously thinks that Mesaba management's business proposal was on the up and up? Could he not see through the fact that our money has and is being sucked out of our pockets by MAIR holdings? This guy is a tool to say the least, the only positive thing that came of this entire ruling is a couple more paychecks at full pay. OH and maybe even being able to strike. Cause if he rules agian, i beeleive he will rule for the company, even though company's like comair skywest airwisconsin etc, can make money and pay their people more than us???

So lets all ask Mr smart a$$ judge, how can other airlines survive when they pay better than mesaba? How jerkoff?????????? does anyone know how i can join his fan club? Does this guy know whats its like to be a "professional" and never make over 30 grand a year after being in this industry for years???????DAm i want my voice heard.

absolutely..........

Hey D'fagelo, what is your responce to this? still think the mesaba pilots should take it in the a$$? Should they just take their consessions because they make too much?

Smarta$$ said:
absolutely..........

Hey D'fagelo, what is your responce to this? still think the mesaba pilots should take it in the a$$? Should they just take their consessions because they make too much?
It's a unit cost issue, an airline with more airplanes can pay its pilots more and cost less. That's why i've been saying NWA put you guys in almost impossible situation, even if you liquidate you won't save pay or work rules for yourself or others.

D'Angelo said:
They really do have you all fearing that without a union your totally helpless and those management bullies would just walk over everyone for no reason.

D'Angelo that IS absolutely the case. Do you think mgmt would pay you a nickel over minimum wage-just because they like their employees? Their objective is to get the lowest cost labor they can so they can be as competitive as possible, post the highest profits they can, and collect big corporate bonuses. The only reason a union works is because the employees stick together when they need to. You undermine the objective of a union, the goals of which are to obtain better work rules, higher salaries, and better safetey for their employees. D'Angelo you are such a dogmatic person that you will never see past the downsides of unions and look at what they've done for you and your coworkers. I'm sure you've never read Flying the Line, or Hard Landing. Or if you did your hard core anti labor attitude filtered out the lessons there in.
You will never change, you will never reason, and therefore you aren't worth debating or talking to. You are a scab in the making, and you're hereafter on my ignore feature.

Union paranoia really has crept in everywhere. The simple fact is that wages get to a certain point people wont work for them. Until they do the market sets it union or not. The days of unions keeping wages artificially high are over. Sorry but thats life

Latest resources

Back