• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Southwest fuel conservation initiative

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That far back I doubt it's the "blowhole".

Shamu just sprouted a blow hole

funny regardless what side you're on.

SWA farms out most of its maintenance.....correct? (yay unfettered capitalism ). Anyone know if that's true about heavy checks and eventual mods like media antenna's?

I know 3rd party co's do their winglet mods.

SWA does the majority of its maintenance in house, with a few heavy checks lines done at various US facilities. I believe the MX contract just ratified allows for a couple of lines of heavy checks to go South of the Border. But unresolved issues of dispatching and flying down there have meant few, if any airplanes, have actually made the trek.

Cheers!

SWA does the majority of its maintenance in house, with a few heavy checks lines done at various US facilities. I believe the MX contract just ratified allows for a couple of lines of heavy checks to go South of the Border. But unresolved issues of dispatching and flying down there have meant few, if any airplanes, have actually made the trek.

Cheers!

I wish this were true. Southwest outsources much of its heavy maintenance domestically.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10418992/1/airline-maintenance-outsourcing-stabilizes.html

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/2008/05/airline-safety.html

funny regardless what side you're on.

SWA farms out most of its maintenance.....correct? (yay unfettered capitalism ). Anyone know if that's true about heavy checks and eventual mods like media antenna's?

I know 3rd party co's do their winglet mods.

No. not correct. This aircraft did not and was not getting any "media" antenna.

But unresolved issues of dispatching and flying down there have meant few, if any airplanes, have actually made the trek.

Kuddos to the crew! Thankful this didn't turn out like Hawaiian Air's years ago.

FAA doesn't require a dispatcher to release flights for Part 91 flights. However, if it's written into their FOM that's a different story. It's my guess their CBA doesn't address such flights.

Latest resources

Back