New Routes for Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wilbur

Is VA growing? Adding new routes? Can I commute (from STL)? The initial on-line app asked me if I'd consider paying for an A320 type--is that required these days?

Thanks. Wilbur

Is VA growing? Adding new routes? Can I commute (from STL)? The initial on-line app asked me if I'd consider paying for an A320 type--is that required these days?

Thanks. Wilbur
Well Wilbur for a guy from St. Louis you sure ask a lot of questions....:D Yes, Yes..possible Boston,Chicago, Miami. It is "May I" (yes). No.
By the way Good Luck!
Oh also get ready to get hammered for putting this on the "majors" board..next time I suggest the "LCC's"

Last edited:
The word on the street at jb is that VA was frozen out of JFK. The slot restrictions that will soon take place were supposedly from a snapshot of all flight ops at JFK in August of last year. Since they had few slots, they will not benefit from the restrictions.

This is pure rumor though. Maybe someone has any more info?

Which begs the question to the VA dudes -- if they can't expand in JFK, where are they gonna make their historic run?

The word on the street at jb is that VA was frozen out of JFK. The slot restrictions that will soon take place were supposedly from a snapshot of all flight ops at JFK in August of last year. Since they had few slots, they will not benefit from the restrictions.

This is pure rumor though. Maybe someone has any more info?

Which begs the question to the VA dudes -- if they can't expand in JFK, where are they gonna make their historic run?

Boston? Miami? Chicago? The run has started..it's a marathon not a sprint!;)

exactly....extreme overcapacity and another airline feels like its a good time to start-up- yeah right. Branson's a pansy

You go to work for VA and you'd better move to SFO. There are more and more Captains who will not extend jumpseat privileges to non-Union pilots who work for companies who undercut Union contracts.

You go to work for VA and you'd better move to SFO. There are more and more Captains who will not extend jumpseat privileges to non-Union pilots who work for companies who undercut Union contracts.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I will NOT allow a VirginAmerica jumpseater.

Latest resources

Back