• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New rest rules and commuting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They do need to put some kind of restriction on commuting, at least at SWA we have guys finishing a trip in OAK, then the next morning picking up trips out of MDW, BWI.. with there 9 hours rest. ( being the 9 hours of rest is used to commute to the next base so they can whore more money). JMO

Restrictions on commuting will only give you less days off overall and have strict rules on how it is to happen. Don't need to get violated because of a commute.

Chairman

They do need to put some kind of restriction on commuting, at least at SWA we have guys finishing a trip in OAK, then the next morning picking up trips out of MDW, BWI.. with there 9 hours rest. ( being the 9 hours of rest is used to commute to the next base so they can whore more money). JMO

Put it in your contract if you're so worried about it, leave the feds out of it.

Last edited:

Quick question. The 35 year old kid /Dr across the lake is a budding orthopedic cutter. Is he a whore too because he picks up 12hr rotations in an ER for $$$$. Just wanted to know if i should address him as Dr Whore next time I talk to him.

Please don't think Slacker speaks for all of us at SWA. I have not paid any attention to his posts until recently. He is an idiot.

On a different thread he was busting chops on Delta as if we are so completely cool at SWA. I mentioned that having worked at Delta and now SWA, same mix of mostly good guys and good pilots and a handful of "others" at both airlines - despite some of our self promotion otherwise at Southwest.

Can you guess which group he must be in?

So how rested are all those "local" guys who drive to work again Slacker?

Latest resources

Back