Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Regional! Come join California Pacific Airlines (CP Air).

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they must be working their butts off. average jb 190 fo pay 80/hr year 4-5ish. 78X80=6240. say they get 85 hours/month. 1.5X80X7=840

840+6240=7080. 7080x12=84960 gross.

You would be correct if JB was a straight pay for hours worked airline. JB pilots get time and a half for every hour over 78. So in your math you need to make every hour between 78-85 at $120/hr. Now tack on the credit they are actually makeing per trip and duty rigs and you are over 100k/yr. This is without counting the 6Kish of perdium that a JB pilot will make. Some don't count this money as pay however it is money in your paycheck, regardless of what you use it for. So I count it.

So if you consider 15-17 days off a month working your butt off then yes they are.

You would be correct if JB was a straight pay for hours worked airline. JB pilots get time and a half for every hour over 78. So in your math you need to make every hour between 78-85 at $120/hr. Now tack on the credit they are actually makeing per trip and duty rigs and you are over 100k/yr. This is without counting the 6Kish of perdium that a JB pilot will make. Some don't count this money as pay however it is money in your paycheck, regardless of what you use it for. So I count it.

So if you consider 15-17 days off a month working your butt off then yes they are.

Someone didn't do well with the read comprehension thing in elementary school.

And perdiem does not count towards salary.

Never too late to start:

http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm

Last edited:
It's more of the I don't give a damn because it's FI kind of thing.

If perdiem isn't pay why don't you send me the 6-8k a year in perdiem that you make. If I use perdiem to pay for basic human needs I count that as pay.

I think their point is that you would not have those basic human needs without the job. You wouldnt need to buy food on the road ($$$) because you could eat at home for 10 percent the price.

I think their point is that you would not have those basic human needs without the job. You wouldnt need to buy food on the road ($$$) because you could eat at home for 10 percent the price.

10 percent. Come on man. You are telling me you eat $1 meals at home?Or do you eat $100 meals on the road? I will give you 70 percent of the price. Maybe even 50 percent. So take your perdiem and cut it in half. Everything else is pay.

An airline out West? I'm sure their email box is being blown up right about now. Even if it was an unpaid position it would at least be blown up with questions.

anyone have any idea what pay is going to be at CPA? will you need to hire a CPA to make ends meet?

Guessing the standard 21-30k FO and 50-60k CA!

I don't imagine they'll have much difficulty getting FO apps with those wages using the normal "Regional" model of 600-1000TT... but these guys want 3000TT and 1500 FAR 121... and I think 1000 PIC.. Are there many furloughed RJ captains out there?

Latest resources

Back