• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

New Plane!!!

OneBadLT123

Total Time
24/7
The 747-8 ``is right in the sweet spot of what we think airlines will want,'' said Mulally. The new airliner won't require expensive investments in reinforcing runways and new airport terminals ``helping our customers enormously,'' he said.

THAT is going to be a huge boost...
Also on the boeing site it does not mention much about a passenger version, but the bloomberg aticle talks more about passenger and revenue...

The new plane, which follows two earlier failed attempts to stretch the 747 in the 1990s, will borrow technology from Boeing's new 787 jet, including General Electric Co. engines, to provide 20 percent lower trip costs, Boeing said. The plane, called the 747-8, will have about 450 seats, 34 more than the current 747-400, and carry 15 more tons of freight. The A380 seats 555 and costs $280 million in the passenger version and $300 million as a freighter.

This just made my day! We can still see 747's comming in insted of the A380(what an ugly plane with no legacy)

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
747-8

I just saw 747-8 crawl across the bottom of my screen on CNNs ticker tape.

I just figured the dumbass journos got the dash number wrong and confused it with the 787 or the 380.

Boeing can really use a shot in the arm right now.

Buona Fortuna.

mzaharis

Total Time
OneBadLT123 said:
THAT is going to be a huge boost...
Also on the boeing site it does not mention much about a passenger version, but the bloomberg aticle talks more about passenger and revenue...

There is a passenger version, but no firm orders yet. According to the chattering classes at Airliners.net (motto - we won't stop until our signal-to-noise ratio is zero), British Airways and Cathay are looking seriously at it.

Last edited:

Lrjtcaptain

Total Time
2000+
280mill for a pax A380 and 300mill for a cargo......im assuming the pax versions come without interior, entertainment, or is the cargo more expensive due to more moving parts on larger doors???