• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEW OT RULES: Are pilots "White Collar"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doubtfull., since all of that stuff is laid out in the contract.

We're paid by the hour not by salary.

Besides, I don't know if pilots are considered white collar. I'd bet many consider us as blue collar. Hourly employees, Union, etc, etc.

Pilots are as blue collar as the housekeeping staff at the hotels we stay at. When you walk out of the hotel in your crisp white shirt and politly say hi but yet internally snub the maid, keep in mind that you have more in common with her in terms of your ability to bargain for wages and improve your quality of life, than a doctor or lawyer.

This won't apply to pilots. If you have wondered why you get close to nothing in ground school its becuase you negotiated below min wage in your CBA endorsed by the RLA.

Think you are professional like a doctor or lawyer? As a pilot, can you quit your "practice" and start your own airline?

Blue Collar baby!

Rez O. Lewshun,

How come such low self-esteem? I consider pilots to be professionals. The snubbing the maid thing is all you. I've never done it nor will I ever. I don't consider myself better than anyone. By the way, is it OK for a doctor to snub the maid?

new times now people....

I think the days of the flying public respecting "The Captain" and giving him white collar treatment went away when the public stopped wearing business attire just to fly and when they stopped considering flying on airlines "a privilege"

sh1t these days it is cheaper to fly LUV from Hobby to Love that it is to drive you own car, or take the greyhound

we are just bus drivers people, we all need to wake up and realize that. Within our own pilot profession, we of course maintain high standards of training, certification, and treat each other with professionalism....however the majority of the flying public could give a sh1t less about pay concessions from 250K to 175K or picket lines.

what is the ticket price? when we getting there? why? why not?

thats about it

asacap said:
Rez O. Lewshun,

How come such low self-esteem? I consider pilots to be professionals. The snubbing the maid thing is all you. I've never done it nor will I ever. I don't consider myself better than anyone. By the way, is it OK for a doctor to snub the maid?
My intent didn't come across.....

We are professional, but not in a doctor/lawyer sense. Many pilots think so...

Rather we are unique. We have much in common with factory workers and others that make an hourly wage. Many pilots haven't considered this....

I take our professionalism very seriously... If we allow our image to lower....so will our pay.... It's hard to fight the tide.... but collectively.....aw nevermind....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Pilots are as blue collar as the housekeeping staff at the hotels we stay at.

Blue Collar baby!
What color is the collar of the shirts pilots wear? I don't know about you but mine isn't blue. Perhaps, you company makes a fashion statement with it white shirts and a blue collar?;)

Union contracts

Anyone with a collective bargaining agreement is exempt.

Latest resources

Back