Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New NWA Pilot Contract Proposal? This Can't Be Real!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, if Management doesn't get it during negotiations, they WILL get it when they convince the bankruptcy judge to do it for them.

Yank & AA,,,,,put the bottle down...Im currently working for believe it or not Industry Average Wages with a MAJOR. I hope my pay will increase over the years instead of sliding back. I came up the ole fashioned way with dirty draws leaning over the side of my bed puking my guts out before I went out to make the nightly sleigh ride. Never spent a dime for training, (beyond ppl-cfii) not even a 73 Type. So Bite me, I might Bark. ARGHOOOOOOOOOOOO

My post was not intended to be flame...I was just letting off some steam. These are tough times but like another guy said, Enough is Enough. We all spent alot of years getting here. Was it for nothing?

Whats your bottom line...Whatdaya Say Yank....Work for FREE.

Yank McCobb said:
If this isn't priceless. All this bravado and chest thumping from someone who flies for one of the bottom-feeding freight outfits.

So, what excuse do you have for taking a job at the wages YOU make? How about saying enough is enough and walking out on that bottom-feeder you work for in order to "stand together". No more talk. It's time for action. Tell them you are fighting to be part of the rich society, and until you have an industry leading contract, they can kiss your ass. Whaddya say?

Hey Kool-Aid....I mean Yank....maybe some of us would "stand together" if we thought our comrades would all do the same. I would stop going to work today if I knew every pilot out there would do the same in order to stop this madness. Unfortunately, these days it seems like everyone only thinks about themselves.

Workin'Stiff said:
Unfortunately, if Management doesn't get it during negotiations, they WILL get it when they convince the bankruptcy judge to do it for them.

Actually, it could end up being even worse. Management may decide to go all the way with the BK judge and slash pay and work rules to the bone. This proposal is nothing compared to what a judge would probably agree to. This could get really nasty.

Nah, half of what United wanted in their bankruptcy process never happened with the pilots. They got a lot, but not everything. A full strike, which can heppen even in bankruptcy, would allow a Chap 7. Management wouldn't get everything in order to get nothing (a chap 7).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nothing would make me prouder right now than to see some picketing going on at all the nations airports. Where's our leadership????

This has absolutely got to end. Oil or no oil.

General Lee said:
Nah, half of what United wanted in their bankruptcy process never happened with the pilots. They got a lot, but not everything. A full strike, which can heppen even in bankruptcy, would allow a Chap 7. Management wouldn't get everything in order to get nothing (a chap 7).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi General Lee,

Agree.

The way I understand it is that even in bankruptcy, the unions have some negotiating power. The BK judge can't cherry pick a contract. If they abrogate a contract they have to get rid of the whole contract, then impose one that at least has some semblance to the current industry standard. What NW mgmt is asking for is worse than what UAL got in bankruptcy (they negotiated, under pressure of course.)

Also, having a contract abrogated means that once an airline exits bankruptcy, the workers have a right to strike immediately, because they do not have a negotiated settlement. This is,of course, very undesirable and makes it very difficult for the company to aquire the financing it requires to exit bankruptcy. So in, or out, of bankruptcy a negotiated contract is better for everyone.

Tref

Latest resources

Back