Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New NWA Pilot Contract Proposal? This Can't Be Real!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Warning: I will admit up front that this information comes from Airliners.net - not the most accurate source. I copied it directly from that site - right or wrong... If this is accurate, it is very bad news for the NWA folks. This industry continues to decline... Is it coincidence that the NWA CFO is the former USAirways CFO?

I know that Delta is also close to bankruptcy, but hasn't Delta had nearly 2,000 pilot retirements since May of 2004? That lump-sum retirement option for Delta helped to thin the pilot ranks a bit - but I don't think NWA offers the lump-sum retirement option. The discussion of "Small Jet Newco" is interesting and disturbing to say the least... I wonder if Delta would offer the E190 (or any 100 seater) to any of its current or potential furloughees?

Check it out below. Again, I cannot confirm 100% accuracy:

DATE: August 04, 2005
RE: NWA PILOT CONTRACT PROPOSAL.

LABOR COST TARGET.

* NWA believes $1.1B total annual labor "give is necessary for a
successful business plan.
* ALPA contribution is $322M per year (in addition to the $250M/year
per
the Bridge Agreement.)
* Management's position is that ALPA gets no credit for $15M revenue
enhancement in the Bridge Agreement.
* Management's position is that ALPA gets no credit for pension
savings
from a freeze.
* Management views that as our non-Chapter 11 premium.
Management believes credits for revenue enhancements or scope changes
are inappropriate.

CONTRACT CHANGES.

* On
6/21/05 NWA presented ALPA with a list of possible contract
changes.
* NWA believes these changes produce $322M.
* Based on "UAL-bankruptcy like" contract for competitive purposes.
* Management indicated that how we produce the target amount is
immaterial to them.
Management's proposal would reduce required pilot staffing by 1181 (in
addition to the 500+ pilots on furlough).

MANAGEMENTS PROPOSED CHANGES.

* 5 year duration.
* Amendable
12/31/2010.
* Average pay cut of 22.3%
* Eliminate Captain Augmentation.
* Remove seniority list instructors.
* Eliminate premium pay.
* Reduce vacation (30 days max)
* Cap sick leave at 850 hours
* Deadhead for 50% pay and credit.
* Raise monthly caps to 89 hours international and 95 hours domestic.
* Trip rig to 1:4 Wide-body, 0 for Narrow-body.
* Average
4:15 duty day.
Other miscellaneous cuts.

WET LEASING.

* In any year NWA may schedule for wet lease 10% of international
passenger block hours on aircraft types not in the NWA fleet.
* In any year NWA may schedule for wet lease 10% of freighter block
hours
on aircraft types not in NWA fleet.
* In any year, NWA may schedule for wet lease 5% of the total block
hours
of the company to handle peak flying opportunities.
If new aircraft are on order, NWA may schedule for wet lease an
equivalent number of aircraft as a bridge until the new aircraft are
delivered.

SCOPE PROPOSAL.

* On
7/14/05 NWA presented Section 1 C. (Small Jets) proposal.
* NWA stated that-
* Other scope modification proposals for joint ventures, successor,
and
fragmentation restrictions were forthcoming.
* Proposed a separate airline "Newco" for Small Narrow-body flying.
* May or may not be existing carrier.
* May or may not be a NWA affiliate.
All Newco aircraft carry NW code.

SMALL JET NEWCO.

* Newco would operate aircraft seating up to 100 passengers.
* No numerical or use restrictions.
* Separate seniority list and employment.
* Flow up/flow and down provisions between Newco and NWA.
* ALPA recognized as the bargaining representation.
* Contract to be long term with no strike/ lockout clause.
* Contract based on Regional Industry average costs.
Expedited interest arbitration to settle disputes.

SMALL JET NON-NEWCO FEEDER CARRIERS (PCL, MSA).

* Could operate aircraft up to 76 seats.
* No numerical or use restrictions.
* Could operate aircraft of any size for other airlines.
Up to 36 AVROs may be operated with NW code with 85 seats and no use
restrictions.

DOMESTIC CODE SHARE.

* No restrictions on domestic code share.
* Meet and confer with ALPA before entering or extending
relationships.
Eliminate certain DL and CO restrictions.

INTERNATIONAL CODE SHARE.

* No restrictions.
* Meet and confer with ALPA before entering or extending
relationships.
Other miscellaneous

Last edited:
I think management also "WANTS" An additional 1100 furloughs. While Worthless sips his champagne in our capitol shmoozing his political allies.

In my opinion, enuff is enuff, the pilot's at NWA need to strike along with the mechanics. STAND BY YOUR TEAMMEMBERS and STAND AGAINST this riduculous Management group or forever be yanked around by them. This message is for you senior widebody guys who are almost ready to retire too! DONT BE SELFISH!

Whats going on?

CYA

Don't get too worked up. This is basically the same "wish list" NWA mgmt has used as an opener for the last couple of decades. Emphasis on "wish list."

Tref

Wake up People.....If its happening here it will happen to you.....Its called the " New World Order ". You either stand now and Fight, or get a job as a pilot making Taxi Cab Wages. Read Your History Books before you even attempt to rationalize this with the spike in OIL PRICES.....Its time to FIGHT. Everyone must stand together.....or the few will profit. I believe in an Upper Class, Middle Class, and a Poor Society. If we allow this to continue we will only have a Rich/Poor Society.... Ive been all around the world and believe me when I tell you, this is no way to live. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH especially when AMERICAN BLOOD is being shed in OIL RICH Countries.

Taxi cab wages? Last I checked on monster.com a cabbie makes more than a regional FO at any low-ball (read almost all now) regional.

Oh God... does THAT suck.

As a PCL Captain, I can honestly say I hope NOTHING in that proposal ever sees the light of day on a desk somewhere being signed by the NWA MEC.

The last thing most of us over here at PCL want to see is LARGER SJ's; we understand that it only lengthens our Regional careers, and want nothing to do with them.

How did this career become such a sham and shame?

That wish list reminds me of when I was young and that big old Sears Christmas catalog showed up. I'd circle all kinds of toys that I wanted. What showed up on Christmas morning was not even close to the wish list.

I feel for all NWA employees, thier management is down right evil. Then again, when has NWA ever had good labor relationships. They just don't get it.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Focus said:
Wake up People.....If its happening here it will happen to you.....Its called the " New World Order ". You either stand now and Fight, or get a job as a pilot making Taxi Cab Wages. Read Your History Books before you even attempt to rationalize this with the spike in OIL PRICES.....Its time to FIGHT. Everyone must stand together.....or the few will profit. I believe in an Upper Class, Middle Class, and a Poor Society. If we allow this to continue we will only have a Rich/Poor Society.... Ive been all around the world and believe me when I tell you, this is no way to live. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH especially when AMERICAN BLOOD is being shed in OIL RICH Countries.

If this isn't priceless. All this bravado and chest thumping from someone who flies for one of the bottom-feeding freight outfits.

So, what excuse do you have for taking a job at the wages YOU make? How about saying enough is enough and walking out on that bottom-feeder you work for in order to "stand together". No more talk. It's time for action. Tell them you are fighting to be part of the rich society, and until you have an industry leading contract, they can kiss your ass. Whaddya say?

Focus said:

Embry Riddle Education with flight training...........Over $100,000
Pay for 747 Training......................................... Over $10,000
Pay for 747.....................................................About $2700 a month

Telling NWA pilots to Stand up for themselves.......Priceless

AA

Uh, what was the name of that truckdriving school again? Truckmasters I think it was?

NWA management is obviously on crack. I really like the part about being able to wet lease 10% of their flying. That's really sweet icing on the no-scope crap cake.

Latest resources

Back