New NJ Local?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WrknStff

So is the NJ pilots union forming a new, fractional only local in addition to voting in a new MEC? Have heard this rumor from some NJ guys on the road and now from a thread on flops. If true and they are getting a new local, that would be good news. Morale at FLOPS is hitting new lows and if there was a new teamsters local sending out cards to options pilots now, I think we'd join pretty quickly.

Management at flops have been screwing it up by the numbers and if they wanted a union on property, they couldn't be doing more to encourage the pilots to vote it in than they are doing now.

If there are any teamsters out there with the pull, get those cards in the mail again and you'd have almost a thousand more pilots paying dues in no time.

Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots. ASAP

On the 22nd of December we will be breaking away from Local 284 and it's band of crooked losers.

Strong union the mec slate when voted in will be instrumental in making sure that we get out of the sinking ship we call Local 284.

We will stay with the Teamsters but finally get the support that we need from our OWN local.

Bye bye loser HP

Flight Options

Diesel said:
Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots. ASAP

On the 22nd of December we will be breaking away from Local 284 and it's band of crooked losers.

Strong union the mec slate when voted in will be instrumental in making sure that we get out of the sinking ship we call Local 284.

We will stay with the Teamsters but finally get the support that we need from our OWN local.

Bye bye loser HP
Pick up the phone and call us boys & girls over at Flight Options. If you want the largest, most powerful local union to represent all of the fractional pilots and their families, get us involved.

It is time to send a message to the management of our fractional companies. They have made enough money over the years, time to share the wealth and start treating us with respect.

We deserve it because? We are:

1. the lifeblood of our respective companies;
2. the frontline of contact with our owners;
3. away from our families for 7/8 days at a time;
4. tired of pay decreases;
5. tired of the quality of life issues;
6. tired of doing everyone elses job in addition to our own;
7. in need of cost of living increases;
8. seeing insurance premium increases, what about our COL pay?
9. tired of seeing per diem and other benefits stripped w/o legitimite reasons;
10. tired of seeing repeat maintenance squawks;
11. tired of seeing radical policy changes at a whim to suit the company;
12. just tired!

etc., etc., etc. I am sure many can add to this list and I would like to see it. I have spent 5 years in my position at FO's. I have seen many, many changes. Some have been good, some not so good and some just absolutely assanine.

I have been a member of two unions. Neither benefited me much. I am not a fan of the Teamsters either. I don't think the Teamsters have given the Netjet's pilots the support they deserved. As an outsider looking in, it just looked like the Teamster's rolled over and settled for subpar standards, just like most BIG businesses do when push comes to shove.

Unions are a business, but with the apparent formation of a "fractional" union led by (MEC) fractional pilots who are not willing to take anymore "stuff", I think it would benefit all the fractional pilot groups to pool together and finally take a stand. (Even if it is with the teamsters).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
minimums said:
Pick up the phone and call us boys & girls over at Flight Options. If you want the largest, most powerful local union to represent all of the fractional pilots and their families, get us involved.

It is time to send a message to the management of our fractional companies. They have made enough money over the years, time to share the wealth and start treating us with respect.

We deserve it because? We are:

1. the lifeblood of our respective companies;
2. the frontline of contact with our owners;
3. away from our families for 7/8 days at a time;
4. tired of pay decreases;
5. tired of the quality of life issues;
6. tired of doing everyone elses job in addition to our own;
7. in need of cost of living increases;
8. seeing insurance premium increases, what about our COL pay?
9. tired of seeing per diem and other benefits stripped w/o legitimite reasons;
10. tired of seeing repeat maintenance squawks;
11. tired of seeing radical policy changes at a whim to suit the company;
12. just tired!

etc., etc., etc. I am sure many can add to this list and I would like to see it. I have spent 5 years in my position at FO's. I have seen many, many changes. Some have been good, some not so good and some just absolutely assanine.

I have been a member of two unions. Neither benefited me much. I am not a fan of the Teamsters either. I don't think the Teamsters have given the Netjet's pilots the support they deserved. As an outsider looking in, it just looked like the Teamster's rolled over and settled for subpar standards, just like most BIG businesses do when push comes to shove.

Unions are a business, but with the apparent formation of a "fractional" union led by (MEC) fractional pilots who are not willing to take anymore "stuff", I think it would benefit all the fractional pilot groups to pool together and finally take a stand. (Even if it is with the teamsters).

Thoughts?

Yeah, maybe a union can do the same great job for you as it did fo us.

NJAFracPilot said:
Believe me, I am no fan of unions, especially the teamsters. Your union and your local MEC dropped the ball for all of you NJ's pilot's and your families.

However, your new collective voice has the right idea. If all the fractional pilots joined together and created a new LOCAL, even a new union, we may all have a fighting chance.

I guess we all have a choice. Roll over and let management continue to rule as they are; submit to the Teamsters and accept their infinite wisdom and accept the fact that the former MEC, "got all they could for you" and move on; OR take control of your own stick and fight back.

I am sure there are many lawyers out there that would love to tackle such a contract.

Just food for thought.

NJAFracPilot said:
And you helped exactly how?

December 22nd is coming quickly enough. There's going to be a new sheriff in town.

First, I am no fan of unions either. BUT, after having worked for a nonunion operation prior to NJA (Corporate Wings in Cleveland), I can safely say that even our present lame representation is way WAY better than no representation.

I'm not an actual MEC member of the SU slate, but if I've read everything they've put out correctly, when they are elected on December 22 their first and second priorities (both about equal in importance) are to immediately begin proceedings to form our own local and get us the best contract possible. I also believe one of the long-term goals will be to offer membership to any fractional group that wishes to join. However, the new SU's plate will be very full for a while, and I doubt they will immediately begin campaiging at the other fractionals for membership. When they have successfully negotiated a good contract for us I believe the other fractionals will definitely be thinking hard about joining.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying anyone wishing to join wouldn't be welcome. Quite the opposite. Again, the long-term goal is to have as many fractionals become part of the union as possible. What I'm saying is that there's a lot to be done before actively approaching any other company. This new fractional local needs to spread it's wings before it can fly.

Anyway, just my opinion as to what will be happening as of Dec. 22.

Latest resources

Back