New NEt JEts pay rates !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
m80drvr said:
PS cleaning Lavs and loading bags sucks, as well as having to kiss the ass of the owner or even better the Kids of the owner. I loved getting a $20.00 tip from a 15 year old. Oh yeah the average duty day on the busy fleets is about 12 hours.

I wouldn't mind cleaning. I would be fired in a day having to kiss a$$.....especially some 15 year olds.

Bizjet guy can correct me on this but I'd say with only 3 bbj's and no manditory retirement I would guess that it would be a good guess at 20 plus years to upgrade if hired today. No kidding, I was 35 when I was there and routinely flew with Captains in their mid 20's. Thousands of young guys and gals looking for 20 or "big airplane" slots.

Fly-n-hi said:
If that comes out to $12000 per seat then my pay on a 134 seat 737 should be 1.6 million a year...not including perdiem.

Seems quite reasonable to me:)

Good for Netjets.

I flew with an FO a week or two ago and he had an interview with NJ, and he was unsure as to wether or not he would go. For hime it came down to the open domicile thing...Anybody have any info on that? Basically it meant he could live wherever he wanted to and they would fly him to his trip start.

Either way, the pay at NJ sure beats 21.50/hr

Gulfstream class aircraft

27.3 Class 4 Aircraft - Captain Wage Table – 7 & 7 and Reserve
Captains who fly Class 4 Aircraft shall be paid according to their years in the Class 4 Aircraft and their Schedule, pursuant to the table below. Captains with eleven or more years in Class 4 Aircraft shall receive at each contract ratification anniversary date a base wage increase of 2.5 percent or COLA, whichever is less.
CLASS 4 CAPTAIN
Years in
Program
NORMAL SCHEDULE RESERVE SCHEDULE
1 $120,000 $142,418
2 $124,500 $147,758
3 $129,169 $153,299
4 $134,013 $159,048
5 $139,038 $165,012
6 $144,252 $171,200
7 $149,661 $177,620
8 $155,274 $184,281
9 $161,096 $191,191
10 $167,138 $198,361
11+ +2.5% OR COLA WHICHEVER IS LESS
http://www.ibt1108.org/new-ta.html

bbj upgrade time? infinite now since we're losing planes - even before that last capt bid was almost 5yrs ago. may be some turnover in the f/o ranks with the new t/a, have to wait and see.

Overrall, the NJA contract is pretty good.

1. Home basing beats any 121 commuting hands down.
2. Although the average duty day is 12 hours, pilots hang out in plush leather seats and watch movies on plasma TV's on many of the FBO's they go to - for half the day.
3. Company-paid crew meals that blow away any 121 crew meals.
4. Hotels are almost exclusively all Hiltons - and you pick up the hotel and airline points! (About $2-3,000 a year in points/miles)
5. You will make 100k+ as a Captain eventually. In reality more like 100-120k for the next 10-15 years.

That said, there are many problems at Netjets:
1. NJA is like United of the 90's, they are huge, incredibly inefficient, and have lost the customer service that they were so famous for.
2. As a pilot, you will NEVER know where your overnights are up until you are actually checking at the hotel! You will never know if you're overnighting in Ft. Lauderdale or Fargo. There is nothing like putting on engine covers at -10F wx when you didn't bring your gloves.
3. The fractional business model is still untested in the long term and only time will tell what happens when the business matures and the market is at capacity- an inherently tremendous flaw. It is very questionable how the Marquis program will affect aircraft sellbacks in the long term.
4. No jumpseating or ID90 or any family pass priviliges that 121 guys are so accustomed to.
5. Rotten union-management relationship to the core. Similar to American and Crandall.
6. If you have kids, be prepared to say goodbye for seven days in a row every other week.
7. The average pilot age is 45, most will fly to 62-65, so limited movement in that regard. There are probably an equal amount of guys over 60 and under 30 right now.
8. If hired right now, it will take 10 years to be a Hawker Captain, 15 years for Falcon 2000, and 20 years to become a Gulfstream Captain. You will never be a BBJ Captain, so forget about it.

I'm ex-NJA and at SWA right now and obviously prefer it here, but NJA does have a descent contract that I would recommend to someone who is ok will the aforementioned facts.

See ya.

beytzim said:
Overrall, the NJA contract is pretty good.

1. Home basing beats any 121 commuting hands down.
2. Although the average duty day is 12 hours, pilots hang out in plush leather seats and watch movies on plasma TV's on many of the FBO's they go to - for half the day.
3. Company-paid crew meals that blow away any 121 crew meals.
4. Hotels are almost exclusively all Hiltons - and you pick up the hotel and airline points! (About $2-3,000 a year in points/miles)
5. You will make 100k+ as a Captain eventually. In reality more like 100-120k for the next 10-15 years.

That said, there are many problems at Netjets:
1. NJA is like United of the 90's, they are huge, incredibly inefficient, and have lost the customer service that they were so famous for.
2. As a pilot, you will NEVER know where your overnights are up until you are actually checking at the hotel! You will never know if you're overnighting in Ft. Lauderdale or Fargo. There is nothing like putting on engine covers at -10F wx when you didn't bring your gloves.
3. The fractional business model is still untested in the long term and only time will tell what happens when the business matures and the market is at capacity- an inherently tremendous flaw. It is very questionable how the Marquis program will affect aircraft sellbacks in the long term.
4. No jumpseating or ID90 or any family pass priviliges that 121 guys are so accustomed to.
5. Rotten union-management relationship to the core. Similar to American and Crandall.
6. If you have kids, be prepared to say goodbye for seven days in a row every other week.
7. The average pilot age is 45, most will fly to 62-65, so limited movement in that regard. There are probably an equal amount of guys over 60 and under 30 right now.
8. If hired right now, it will take 10 years to be a Hawker Captain, 15 years for Falcon 2000, and 20 years to become a Gulfstream Captain. You will never be a BBJ Captain, so forget about it.

I'm ex-NJA and at SWA right now and obviously prefer it here, but NJA does have a descent contract that I would recommend to someone who is ok will the aforementioned facts.

See ya.

Problems?
I would have to move number 2 to the top list, that is what makes this job more exciting than the airlines, at least I won't have to see PHX or LAS or Etc.... every other leg

#4 - Yea you are right that we get no ID90 or pass priviliges, but how often do you use those? That is where Airline miles come into play, and those tickets purchased with miles have a higher priority than passes or ID90's, and I can use my miles to buy a ticket for anyone, you can't do that with passes or ID90's, and for us that travel on the same airline, end up building thousands on one airline

#6 - yea you may be gone for 7 days, but as you recall, your first day was your travel day and your last day was a travel day, and you commute on their dime and time, not yours as you have to now, plus, as you stated you are gone for 7 days but you are also home for 7 full days, not a big deal, at SWA while on reserve, the most you get is 4 days in a row unless you have to commute then it is less

Just my thought

Latest resources

Back