Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotKitch

Registered Registrant
With congress upping the requirements to sit right seat with the regionals anybody have thoughts on the 135 world becoming more saturated with guys buying type ratings and being more than happy to fly for 18K a year to build their time for the "dream job" with the majors....

......"With congress upping the requirements to sit right seat with the regionals anybody have thoughts on the 135 world becoming more saturated with guys buying type ratings and being more than happy to fly for 18K a year to build their time for the "dream job" with the majors.... "

Well with 495 plus netjet guys with a bunch of time including lots of time in type of mid size corp.jets, time doing the "special k" read part 135 world hitting the street in january......... I don't see how low time guys (read less than 1500 total time) are going to get any breaks trying to land a part 135 right seat position...............here we go again... lots of well qualified pilots on the street .....ding, ding round two,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :(

Don't worry..we're not employable seeing as every employer will think we're gonna jump ship right back into that dream job at NJA...that is if not being able to bid a schedule and being gone all of the time is a dream. Especially when it will definitely not be the same job as when we left correction, forced to leave.

I will not be going back unless it is absolutely necessary, or my mood changes in 5 years.

if the rumors and trade papers are half correct i don't think they will be bringing most of you guys/gals back. my best guess is that there will be shift of clients back to traditional charter and small one aircraft flight departments. I don't think the "I own a share of a Netjet aircraft" is that In anymore.

I think that the Idea of people buying into a aircraft at high resale,monthly management fee's and only recieving "low" wholesale returns on their purchase has run its course.

What rumors are you hearing? All I'm hearing is they are in trouble and need to adapt, which they are doing. Its too early to tell what the next critical 2 years holds for NJA. If they can change their ways quickly, they will come back with more market share than they had before. There is a new management team there now and they are making the changes necessary to do just that. The big nut they need to crack is how to make profit on hourly and management fees.

we start right seat 135 at $34k so you don't have to do it for $18K

Latest resources

Back