• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Mailing from Leonidas,llc to USAIRWAYS East Pilots"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm upset Lenoidas doesn't send my pamphlet via FedEx overnight. I was so wanting to read mine at the very earliest opportunity.

Turtle;
I'll make the same offer I did to the other fellow. If you would like to PM me your address, I would be happy to personally mail you Vol. 3.

Another possibility is if you have a PHX over night in the next month or so, please let me know as such. I can leave a pamphlet for you at the front desk addressed to "Turtle21". Just an offer. No malice intended.

CB (aka Dave)

Becket;
Statistically speaking, I think it would be close to a wash. For as many AWA guys live near or on the east coast, there is a like number "easties" that commute from CA, NV, AZ, OR, WA, ID, etc. My best guess is 150-200 tops.

As a B737 (soon to be A320) FO, I can tell you that a lion share of the captains (that live in the AZ area) that I fly with are FIRMLY ensconsed in the "desert mentality". They revel in the great season during the winter, and really don't complain much during the summer. They enjoy year round golf, boating, fishing, hunting, chasing game (the other kind), etc.

The problem that we have is this: Every time a "westie" espouses statements like the one above, the "easties" insist that we write some sort of contract or rider to cap the movements. There is no entity, committee, group or person that has the right or authority to negotiate away from the result of a final and binding arbitration.

We will only move forward when (and only when) enough east based pilots get tired of USAPA's little club & entitlement program (Cleary made $191,000 last year!), and get tired of LOA 93.

Regards.

Why do you keep linking LOA93 with the not so binding nic award? They are two separate issues. We all will soon find out if the arbitrator finds in favor of the east pilots or managent in the LOA93 dispute. Either way it goes we still will work towards a new contract and then deal with DFRII.

Why do you keep linking LOA93 with the not so binding nic award? They are two separate issues. We all will soon find out if the arbitrator finds in favor of the east pilots or managent in the LOA93 dispute. Either way it goes we still will work towards a new contract and then deal with DFRII.

Such optimism. I saw the pamphlet yesterday and its no wonder M. Cleary and D. Mowery are up in arms. The truth has exposed their lies and deceit. The east pilots should be running them Usapa boys outta town. Not a good day for Usapa or its fans.

Loa93:smash: hurts us all.

Last edited:
Depends on when you got that mailing, and how that information was obtained, and whether it was done so through proper channels?!?! I believe during the election, company is required to provide names and addy's of all those in the effected class...
You might want to check that. Being in an "effected class" (you might want to check out a spelling class) does not automatically strip you of your right to privacy.

I am going to love seeing this blow up in USAPA's face as the investigation turns to them. I hope Bradford and his cabal have secured employment elsewhere. I'll be willing to bet before this is over we will find that Cleary's hands are none to clean as well.

Don't you wish you had a union that actually secured some real tangible benefits instead of acting like hysterical fools?

You may still get your chance and soon!

Yeah, but it hurts some (who have brought it on themselves) worse than others.

And I'm OK with that!

So your saying your ok with seperate contracts? Is that your spin - cause if it is - then why are you all so intent on implenting a JC with the "nic".

You cannot have it both ways.

Metrojet

You might want to check that. Being in an "effected class" (you might want to check out a spelling class) does not automatically strip you of your right to privacy.

I am going to love seeing this blow up in USAPA's face as the investigation turns to them. I hope Bradford and his cabal have secured employment elsewhere. I'll be willing to bet before this is over we will find that Cleary's hands are none to clean as well.

Don't you wish you had a union that actually secured some real tangible benefits instead of acting like hysterical fools?

You may still get your chance and soon!

Yup sorry, not an english teacher here. Tangible benefits??? I keep moving up that seniority list as opposed to being pushed down by someone hired 5 years+ after me......

At the rate it's going,, I'll easily hit the left seat before those that are listed above me on the NIC list........

Works for me...

Sorry Charlie;
LOA 93 is the contract that you live with until (and if) a new JOINT contract is voted in. We're in the same position with our Contract 2004.

Presently, the ONLY seniority list that has been accepted by LCC is the Nicolau Award. The Nicolau Award meets all of the criteria that was set out by Parker & LCC through the transition agreement. Until such time that Parker gets a "Pass" or is told directly by the courts that the Nic is it.....then the Nicolau Award IS the section 22 with the joint contract.

Here's a question: If Kashier delivers LOA 93 in your favor, exact what stops the company from delaying, stopping, changing the company name, etc.?? That too is final & binding, right?

CB

Yup sorry, not an english teacher here. Tangible benefits??? I keep moving up that seniority list as opposed to being pushed down by someone hired 5 years+ after me......

At the rate it's going,, I'll easily hit the left seat before those that are listed above me on the NIC list........

Works for me...
It's not YOUR list it is a combined SENIORITY list not a longevity list. Someone should sit down and explain the difference to you.

And perhaps you might make the left seat someday, but that person ahead of you on the nic (which will be the implemented list sooner or later) will still be ahead of you and will check out as captain too and get weekends and holidays off before you and when furlough time comes, they will get downgraded or furloughed AFTER you.

That's how a seniority system works.

So your saying your ok with seperate contracts? Is that your spin - cause if it is - then why are you all so intent on implenting a JC with the "nic".

You cannot have it both ways.

Metrojet

No, it is ONE airline, not two and the union that confiscates 2% of my pay against my will needs to earn it by negotiating an improved joint contract. The Nic is a byproduct of integration, not the "prize".

If it can't or won't provide real value for its members, it must be replaced.

Latest resources

Back