• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

*New Jetblue Pay Rates*

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess the UAW guys/gals at GM, Chrysler and Ford are making out great on their concessions too... A union has no clout if your company is in quicksand. SWA for many years had the best contracts for a narrow body fleet because their company has been healthy-- it will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with their current financial issues.

SWA did as well as they did because they had a union. They will not lose it because they have a........ you guessed it, a union.

A lot better than if they hadn't had a union. What you guys bashing the "union airlines" don't seem to grasp is if the pay rates are raised at all it's because the "union airlines" raised the bar.

Dan Roman is right....we are riding on the union carriers coat tails. Thank goodness someone has the stones to fight for us indirectly.

I guess the UAW guys/gals at GM, Chrysler and Ford are making out great on their concessions too... A union has no clout if your company is in quicksand. SWA for many years had the best contracts for a narrow body fleet because their company has been healthy-- it will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with their current financial issues.

Apples and oranges. I'm sure Herb and the gang said hey we're doing well so let's give these guys raises. The SWA pilots NEGOTIATED their rates.

I can just see it now, you and your ilk will be beating your chests and pointing fingers on Monday saying "see...see we told you they would do the right thing." Yet on Tuesday they could announce all 190 flying to be done by Republic. Or God forbid you scrape a wintip, is Nick and the PVC gonna have your back? How's that taxable LTD look compared to other carriers? Oh and OJI....sorry you can't use your STD that YOU pay for!

They can double my pay, I voted yes last time and will from now on. Oh and it will be for ALPA only, no touchy feely in-house crap either.

What you guys bashing the "union airlines" don't seem to grasp is if the pay rates are raised at all it's because the "union airlines" raised the bar.

Laugh of the day!

I guess you haven't seen the payscales at United. Your statement would be true if you replaced the word "raised" with lowered.

JetBlue gets a hefty pay raise and you want to talk about the mighty legacy airlines and ALPA. Maybe you should just thank them for helping your next attempt at raising your own bar.

Laugh of the day!

I guess you haven't seen the payscales at United. Your statement would be true if you replaced the word "raised" with lowered.

JetBlue gets a hefty pay raise and you want to talk about the mighty legacy airlines and ALPA. Maybe you should just thank them for helping your next attempt at raising your own bar.

Why do you think that the united rates were lowered in the first place???

Laugh of the day!

Labbats, which airline do you work for?

As a high credit senior FO that has bypassed 190 upgrade for nearly 3 years now I will get a raise of approximately $16,000. That does not include rigs, intl or night overrides.

Am I excited? Absolutely not.. I dont look at this as a raise but more of a CORRECTION.. This profession as whole has a long way to go to restore even 50% of the losses.

I will be voting Yes again

It is called free market. Do you imply we should replace our free market economy with something else?

yes i understand, but it sounded like he thought JB was doing the industry a favor. The "free market" rates were lowered significantly because of pay rates like JBs rates. I am not saying that ual is the be all and end all of airlines, and i am not saying that JB sucks, but anyone who thinks JB, CAL (from 83), Virg Am, Airtran are helping the industry, well i have to disagree with them. It all started with dereguation. I am glad that JB may be getting raises, but the damage has already been done and will continue until too many people are killed becuase we havent recruited the best and brightest. Listen to testimony from sully to congress. He and jeff have done more for this industry in an hour and a half than everyone else put together in the past 8 years.

To answer your question, yes, i think things should change, maybe "free markets" are not the best choice in safety sensative industries. The free market lowest cost might not work for airlines. But it shouldnt take airplane crashes to show this, we have too many bean counters and not enough leaders.

Latest resources

Back