• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New jet blue payscale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetblew is nothing more than a training ground for real pilots and a final refuge for little lambs and screw-ups.

The pastures are MUCH greener for pilots who want the classic career of an airline pilot and they WILL move on.

Pilots who eagerly accept Barger's new "paradigm" are cringers.

"Classic career" furloughs, recalls, rj's, bankruptcy, pensions loss.... That's covers the past 30 years. Let's hope the next 30 years improve but pilots have a short memory.

Last edited:
Thanks. Apparently I opened a hugh j ass can of worms. Sorry bout that, just wanted to see rates were to get an idea what Spirit is going to be looking at in 2015
We gots lots o' problems here. Nobody is dancing in the streets about our "raise." In the midst of it all our President of Flight Ops has stepped down to "spend more time with the family." Sorry, we use quotation marks a lot around here.

If you were junior at jB and had the chance to go to SWA would you go? (considering the long upgrade time and merger strife at SWA)

Im on year 7 at JB . If we dont have Alpa by March Ill publish my apps for American,Delta,United and apply to Southwest and Alaska. I bid 30% on the 320 and Im 47. I love my job but this place gets worse every year. Do your research before you come here or wait til you see our first CBA then decide. My cousin is at Cape Air and decided not to come here without my input. Hes young and can make millions more at a Legacy carrier .

There is a lot of good and positive here at JB as well as things we do need and must address to keep the Pilots happy and willing to stay. The grass is not always as green as it appears on the other side so do your own homework. Just my opinion.

Im on year 7 at JB . If we dont have Alpa by March Ill publish my apps for American,Delta,United and apply to Southwest and Alaska. I bid 30% on the 320 and Im 47. I love my job but this place gets worse every year. Do your research before you come here or wait til you see our first CBA then decide. My cousin is at Cape Air and decided not to come here without my input. Hes young and can make millions more at a Legacy carrier .

Millions? Ha, you a funny Mo Fo. Some of you guys are truly delusional.

The compounding interest alone in your 401k over a 30 year career is millions... Delusional my a$$. Do the math.

Millions? Ha, you a funny Mo Fo. Some of you guys are truly delusional.

I have done the math. I am 32. That gives me 33 years left. The difference in retirement based on the same savings rate from me. Career progression based on current retirement and growth numbers. As closely as I can figure it is about a 1.1-1.2 million dollar difference in retirement accounts alone at age 65 based on all of today's known numbers. Throw in potential medical costs, ability to fly wide bodies. The point is millions is not a delusional number at all.

Latest resources

Back