New Jersey Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
icefr8dawg said:
Air Fleet is on the North side of the field by the tower. Their rates looked suprisingly fair. However, if you want to learn how to really fly get on Rt. 80W take the 206 north Exit into Andover make a right at the Exxon and learn to fly here: http://www.andoverflight.com/html/home.htm

I used to take privates to Andover to do short fields on their 1900' strip. Good memories! I heard Harrison Ford got his tailwheel there, not sure if its true or not.

I remember Sadiki, although didn't talk to him much. He was on his way out as I was on my way in so to speak. Last I heard he went into real estate.

The other guys that were there when I was there have mostly left, I think Aki is still there.

~wheelsup

Hey everyone I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks! ;)

See how the piloting really is. Again, sorry for the question, but I am really interested, would you think it would be possible in flying for a corporate/private, regional airline be realistic as something part time.

I really would like the joy of being a pilot and flying for a small airline, or private. But I would like it as if I could do something with a couple of hourse or days a month. Like a week tops away from home.

Thanks, really interested, and again I really appreciate all the help.

Flying corp/private part time is a heck of a lot easier than flying part time for a regional. Regionals want ya for the duration with the exception of some senior folks or locals that I've heard of in the really small regionals like the island flying types.
You might find that the local cargo companies like to have one or two part timers that they can call upon when people quit or for when charters come up. We had three part time guys at my last employer flying night time runs out of philly two or three nights a week to keep their sanity. Used to be MacDan would hire you part time to fly 310's, etc but last I checked they've gotten rid of all their planes.

icefr8dawg said:
Flying corp/private part time is a heck of a lot easier than flying part time for a regional. Regionals want ya for the duration with the exception of some senior folks or locals that I've heard of in the really small regionals like the island flying types.
You might find that the local cargo companies like to have one or two part timers that they can call upon when people quit or for when charters come up. We had three part time guys at my last employer flying night time runs out of philly two or three nights a week to keep their sanity. Used to be MacDan would hire you part time to fly 310's, etc but last I checked they've gotten rid of all their planes.

Did MacDan at CDW flys C-310R? Do they still fly freight? Anything scheduled?

310R's hell yea. They even had a Q model that they would stuff full of any cargo that could fit in the door. We're talking the good old days tho. They had all sorts of runs for IBM and banks and I think even Kodak.

It all ended with a run called "beaver express." We were doing some work for airnet too. Like 105 down to and back from Philly and their weekend Buffalo fed run in our 402. Radioisotope stuff into and out of IAD.
I think they lost anything in the way of scheduled when Chuck sold the company and they lost his ability to sell. It was purchased by a rich cofee importer who put a couple of former employees in charge of the day to day. Some good guys but none of them had a down and dirty aviation sales background so the scheduled runs evaporated. There were some guys who really knew what they were doing but weren't allowed to make decisions.
Long story short they turned into a charter operator with three operational 310's a 414, 402 and three King airs which through selling aircraft and pissing owners off is now at one 310. Last I saw it was on jacks in the hanger awaiting an engine and one 310 sitting on the ramp missing all sorts of parts. That was year ago tho.
Funny how this business works. Everyone at Mac Dan said there was no cargo work anymore but I wound up at a place that had more work than it could find pilots for. Bank work may be on the decline but there are plenty of checks still in the air every night.

Latest resources

Back