New Jersey Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoAPorT

Hello everyone I was thinking about taking a discovery flight at Teterboro or so. I see that they have two schools there, one is Air Fleet Training Systems, Inc, and the other is Million Air Flight Training Center.

Has anyone had any first hand experience with these schools, or have heard anything about them?

For the Air Fleet Training Systems, Inc they have a link on thier website to schedule a discovery flight, and to buy the discovery flight "ticket" for 65 dollars. I believe I have seen cheaper. Anyone know where I can get a discovery flight ticket for cheaper, would be well appreciated? Would the school allow that? Or do they only allow the 65 dollar "ticket" to be the eligible one?

Also i just want to see what it is like to fly, see the school, and the instructors. Will they kind of pressure me to join? Because I will not be able to join anytime soon, but just want to see what it is like,andhave some time to think about it.

Any help will definitely be appreciated. Thank you.

Also I am in college right now, and working towards a a degree in a business field, don't know exactly which yet. Do you think it would be possible to maybe fly for a corporate/private, or regional airliner as second job, something part time?

Once again, thank you.

Cool, thanks. Could you direct me to a site (if there is one) for the Caldwell Essex airport?

I go to school in Caldwell. Thanks.

Air Fleet in Teterboro is now based in Caldwell (CDW). Moved about a month ago.

Really? Last time I was at CDW was several weeks ago. Where on the field are they?

To the original poster,

I started flying out of CDW when I moved back to North Jersey three years ago. I looked at both Caldwell Flight Academy and Mac Dan. The choice for me was easy, I went with Mac Dan. But because I wanted the challenge of a busier airport for my instrument rating, and because I lived nearby in Hackensack, I later started instrument training at TEB with Air Fleet. I can't say anything bad about the school, but flying out of TEB can be a challenge. Not only is the traffic high during peak time, but the costs were getting out of hand. The instructor fees were approaching $50/hour, rentals had gone up because of increases in fuel cost, and the landing fee went up to $15 per landing. To me this was a sign that the airport was looking to push small operations out, which seems to have been the case given the AirFleet move. Because of traffic and the landing fees at TEB you'll end up going to either Lincoln Park of Caldwell to do pattern work. So in short, your best bet is probably training out of CDW. You have an opportunity to fly out of a controlled airport that can be busy at times. At other times you'll have the pattern to yourself.

Dave

mike1mc said:
Air Fleet in Teterboro is now based in Caldwell (CDW). Moved about a month ago.

Caldwell it is I guess. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the replies.

I will get a discovery flight "ticket" and go check it out sometime in the future.

Also, do you think it would be realistic to fly part time or so for a regional or private/corporate airline?

I want the joy of flying for an airline/business, and the joy of flying itself. But I am wanting to stay positioned here, and not be away for soo long. Would that be possible or no?

Once again, thank you.

I used to teach at Air Fleet @ Teterboro. I got a call from a friend who trained there that said they moved to Caldwell. Not sure when this happened. Phone number is the same.

It was an ok school, the owner also has a charter department with a few lears and kingairs. That's his primary business...or so it seemed. They have new leaseback 172s and older 172 P models. No multi, or atleast when I was there (2 years ago).

~wheelsup

Air Fleet took over what was left of Caldwell Flight Academy. All the instructors and aircraft are the same but the enitre operation moved to CDW. Rates are still the same, from what I've seen. It may be worth while to check out Lincoln Park airport. I've heard horror stories about the traffic (non-controlled field), but the schools seem to have a good reputation. Maybe someone can chime in with experiences.

Wheelsup,

We probably passed each other a few times at TEB. I flew with Sadiki for a while.

Dave
wheelsup said:
I used to teach at Air Fleet @ Teterboro. I got a call from a friend who trained there that said they moved to Caldwell. Not sure when this happened. Phone number is the same.

It was an ok school, the owner also has a charter department with a few lears and kingairs. That's his primary business...or so it seemed. They have new leaseback 172s and older 172 P models. No multi, or atleast when I was there (2 years ago).

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back