New JB terminal in JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

After reading several of the posts regarding Jet Blue and their new terminal I am curious as to why it is only 26 gates for 800 or so million. I know it says they can add some more to bring it up to 36 gates but that still seems awfully expensive for 36 gates. I think that comes to around 22 million per gate for 36 gates, which is smaller than the C concourse in Atlanta. I sure hope it is nice for that kind of cabbage.

DA

JB is only putting up $70 million of the $800 million for Terminal 5. The rest is being financed by the NYNJ Port Authority. This little important fact was left out of last week's USAToday article. Now when you look at JB only putting in $70 million for 26 gates coupled with a 30 year lease, its a sweetheart deal.

I saw detailed plans of it last week. There is a concrete slab that has already been poured that will allow JB to put in some temp gates ala LGB style while the new terminal is built behind it (closer to the parking lot). They will be in place by late May. I believe its 12 gates. There will be roads built both over and under the filopian tubes for arrivals and departures. The ramp will be wide enough to have two taxi lanes so pushbacks and parkings can happen simultaneuously. Once the terminal is completed, the temp gates will be dismantled. There is also a new parking lot being constructed in front of Terminal 5 that is being put on the fast track.

There are plans in the works to renevate Terminal 6 but nothing finalized yet. Still in planning stages.

Also saw plans for the JBLodge in MCO. 350 rooms, very nice facility. 26 in flat screen tvs (multi-media centers) in each room, nice pool, 2nd floor lounge, auditorium. All at .50 cents/sq ft. Will save millions over the years. Stays will be exclusive to JB crews unless another airline is doing training at MCO training center.

Also saw plans for the JBLodge in MCO. 350 rooms, very nice facility. 26 in flat screen tvs (multi-media centers) in each room, nice pool, 2nd floor lounge, auditorium. All at .50 cents/sq ft. Will save millions over the years. Stays will be exclusive to JB crews unless another airline is doing training at MCO training center.Today 08:05

In the spirit of "Name the Plane" I think the name of the hotel should be Club Hedonism LXIX Jetblue You. Well, at least if you're into dudes and grandmas.

Honestly, it's a genius idea. Now they have to get the Ale House Corporation to open up a "Library" at the OTC!

Inflight and pilots staying in the same lodge? Still think this is a bad idea. There's way too much drama wherever they go. With both of those groups. Ha.

Latest resources

Back