New JB Chief Peopel Officer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

JetBlue Names Joanna Geraghty Executive Vice President, Chief People OfficerNEW YORK, Sept 16, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) today named Joanna Geraghty Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer, effective immediately. Ms. Geraghty previously served as Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Director, Litigation and Regulatory for the New York-based airline. She has been with JetBlue since March 2005. She will report to Chief Executive Officer Dave Barger.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090217/NY71475LOGO-b )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090217/NY71475LOGO-b )
"Joanna is the perfect combination of technical knowledge and passion for JetBlue's culture and crewmembers," Mr. Barger said. "For JetBlue, culture is as important as our brand, and in fact, we believe they are intertwined. Joanna has successfully advocated for JetBlue's crewmembers, and in her new role, will have a greater influence on building JetBlue in our second decade."
"It is a tremendous honor to serve JetBlue's 13,300 crewmembers in this capacity," Ms. Geraghty said. "JetBlue's people have always been the secret ingredient to our success. It is my intention to strengthen our culture, where every crewmember has a voice and the opportunity to help shape their experience, and where all crewmembers and crewleaders are valued, appreciated and understand their role in the company's success, and share in that success."
"Joanna has helped shape JetBlue from our very beginning," said James Hnat, JetBlue's EVP-Corporate Affairs and General Counsel. "She's a natural leader for JetBlue, and will ensure we remain focused on our mission to bring humanity back to air travel. JetBlue's crewmembers are in good hands."
Before joining JetBlue, Ms. Geraghty was a partner at Holland & Knight, in their Litigation Section located in New York. There, she handled complex litigation and regulatory issues, with a particular emphasis on aviation matters. She received her B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross in 1994, her Masters in International Relations from the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University in 1997, and her J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law in 1997.

In other words..."Joanna is the perfect anti-labor and anti-union attorney and we look forward to her attempts to fight ALPA,TWU,IAM, etc."

Game on JetBlue....bring it!

Holland and Knight, Holland and Knight..........now where have I heard that name before, hmmmm, oh yes, now I remember!

Good think ALPA won't have any lawyers working for them if they get voted in.

And your point is? Of course ALPA has lawyers. The point is, JetBlue has hired a lawyer to run the people department that worked for an anti-labor law firm. Make sense yet?

OMG!!! How could you guys miss the sarcasm in hiaronfires comments! COMe ON DUDES!

OMG!!! How could you guys miss the sarcasm in hiaronfires comments! COMe ON DUDES!

and they're calling me "dense".........

Have no idea who this lady is, but she's been with JetBlue for more than 5 years. Might be "less-dense" to judge her on her actions instead of the fact she holds a law degree.

Just my opinion.

More than a law degree. She is a litigator for the law firm that is arguing that each JB pilot individually negotiated the terms of their PEA and therefore should have to defend themselves INDIVIDUALY.

This is a direct shot across labors bow. There is no way Dave or anyone else in senior management can hide behind the "I had no idea" mantra anymore.

Latest resources

Back