121 experience or "PFT diplomas" etc? Who is hiring right
now with these times? Will SkyWest be hiring again soon,
for example? Furloughed only? Where else (regionals, not
Wal*mart - thanks) would you apply?

If you were looking right now with these same credentials,
where would you apply? Why? I'm sure lots of other pilots
reading this thread are also trying to figure this out, so those
of you who have jobs at regionals right now, please share
some of your insights with those of us trying to get there.

Thanks for any useful responses.

p.s. We already heard you say MESA su*ks, no need to
repeat that.

Last edited:
try air wisconsin I heard they are hurting for pilots. They have good works rules and pay is decent. Pinnacle is also hiring, but they arent much farther up from the bottom from mesa. I think expressjet is still hiring as well as Eagle. Someone on this board was asking about CHQ also. So look them up also. good luck

As said before, don't consider *************************s - it probably is too risky for now.

*************************s. What the ??? I'm getting bleeped by saying *************************s. Hmmm. *************************s! *************************s! *************************s!!!

I can't even see myself typing it. I hear a monotone "beep" each time too.

*************************s!

Nancy, you look a lttle young to be worried about the airlines right now.

Trans States is hiring. Our actual posted mins are 1500/500 but I've heard they are having trouble getting pilots here. (Gee I wonder why). It's not a great place to work, but then what regional is right now. Everyone is in termoil and a great regional today is a chitty regional tomorrow and vice versa. It's very exciting to know that you can come to work here, do a good job, and have the company form an alter ego carrier to whipsaw your azz into the ground in '06. Blah, blah, blah.

I think Skyway is hiring right now. Last I heard they were doing interviews. I don't know when the class would be though. Of course they don't tell me anything until after it happens.

Mesa: Yeah, the company f-ing sucks, but it's poised for a lot of growth, and you'll probably upgrade pretty fast. Right now, they're running at about 2 years. I have a buddy there with less that 2 years in the left seat of an ERJ. The job sucks, though, conditions suck, people are miserable, company could be run by the kid in your avatar better. Not a good QOL, but good for advancement and fast upgrade.

CHQ: Fast upgrade, decent place to work. Pay is LOW, but how many CHQ guys do you see bit-ching on this board? Not many. Seems to me like it's the best of the bunch.

XJet: Best contract in the regional industry by far. However, upgrades are supposed to be coming to a GRINDING HALT soon. Plus, their contract with big daddy CAL is up next year, and they're going to have to renegotiate. This could possibly mean management swinging a sob story about needing concessions to be "competitive". Also, they may get released to fly for airlines other than CAL, but this poses a problem because they have nothing bigger than 50 seats. They'll have to get scope relief from CAL to do that. Also, with that hefty contract, management will again probably be screaming for concessions for 'growth' and 'to be competitive'. The Comair group bent over and got out the vasoline when that happened. Will Xjet?

Skywest and ASA: Hiring I think, but there's a nasty seniority integration in the near future, and there's prolly gonna be a lot POed pilots there. I'd steer clear.

Air Wisconsin, American Eagle: Stable companies, but you'll be sitting in the right seat till you're old and gray.

TSA: Hiring, but long upgrade and pissed off pilot group. I'd steer clear.

Go*Jets: Not even an option. Run far, far away.

Comair: Owned by DL. Run even farther farther away.

Skyway: I have no idea.

PSA: Got a buddy there, he likes it. Decent upgrade time to. Only thing is you're stuck flying in the armpit of America.......the Northeas.

Piedmont: Block or better contract. Purdy decent place to work from what I gather.

Pinnacle and Mesaba: Run by NWA. Need I say more? Run like hell.

Don't know if I left anything out, but there are my takes. Just opinions though. Good luck to ya!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back