• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New hires dipping out of CRJ-XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually agree--great post. If any one regional in today's environment were to unilaterally impose a training contract, they could not compete against other regionals for the few pilots out there. I guess I'm just thinking about the ideal fair situation, which I can't see happening in today's environment.

Just to be clear, your idea of an "ideal fair situation" is indentured servitude for all regional airline employees? Are you really a pilot or a management stooge?

Just to be clear, your idea of an "ideal fair situation" is indentured servitude for all regional airline employees? Are you really a pilot or a management stooge?
No, my idea of the ideal situation is pilots voluntarily not being dishonest and screwing an airline who offered them employment specifically so that they can obtain employment at a different airline. I guess I'm dreaming, though.

So wouldn't the ideal fair situation be a better overall pilot contract in order to attract the best and brightest? Or does that get in the way of the CEO squeezing employees out of money and therefore not maximizing shareholder value. Or is it that it gets in your way of making more money because the company is a bit less profitable?

The bestests and brightest was already tried, the post WWII guys who built the industry we are employed in we're the best and brightest, not to mention the toughest, negotiated the pay scales we all started with. The Korea and Viet Nam guys carried the torch well, and were tough negotiators. Well the current crop of doughboys riding that pay scale into the toilet are the airline managements dream, just smart enough to get to work every day, but soft and pliable enough to believe the sky is falling whenever management cries "hey chicken little"
Currently the average airline pilot today has the spine of Gumby, the intelligence of Moe Howard and the moral standards of Bernie Madoff.
I am truly sorry......
Nope they will stick with the "just smart enough" crowd they have in place, do the math.

Last edited:
No, my idea of the ideal situation is pilots voluntarily not being dishonest and screwing an airline who offered them employment specifically so that they can obtain employment at a different airline. I guess I'm dreaming, though.

You're not dreaming, you're just delusional.:cartman: What is the proper amount of time you should spend at a company in YOUR opinion?

How is a pilot being dishonest when he goes to a regional waiting for a major to hire him. Unless during the interview he is asked if he's planning on working at that airline for his career and he says absolutely, there is NOTHING dishonest about going to a regional as a stepping stone for the next opportunity. Especially when that is what they treat new hire FOs as, poverty level, temporary workers.

Let's say that your beloved Skywest shut it's doors yesterday, sold ASA and XJet to the highest bidder and threw all the pilots out on the street, like saaaaayyyyy, Comair. You as a former captain with ME turbine PIC and more experience than most majors require, BUT you're not getting the call for interview and maybe were unsuccessful at one that you already interviewed with. You're unable to get the crappy paying local 135 job flying a C208 or or 421 because there are many other applicants that the owners know will stick around longer because of their lack of experience. You're a 121 airline guy and don't have any contacts or buddies that can help you get into the corporate world and you hear nothing from any of the companies you apply to. You've had multiple job offers that either canceled the airplane you were hired for or the class altogether. So now it's 6 months to a year later and you've only applied to the companies that you really wanted to work for, as you didn't want to screw any other companies over, and Alaska, United, Spirit, US Airways, Atlas haven't called to offer an interview. You don't have any 121 or jet recency and the word is that two more of the largest majors are about to open up the hiring process. You've also heard from other Skywest pilots, that went to multiple job fairs, that United and US Airways weren't interested in pilots that hadn't flown jets or 121 for more than six months.

NOOOOWWWWW, your telling me that YOU would not go to some other regional, cause they all need pilots badly, to get current and back into 121 knowing that one of the majors could interview and hire you 3 to 6 months after starting because now your great qualifications aren't being overshadowed by the fact you haven't flown much in the way of jets or 121 in the last year. :nuts:

This could be the case of many of the hundreds of furloughs on the street and the military guys that are separating with their last assignment being a non flying position.

Your self righteousness is pretty sickening considering that you've probably only had one Part 121 job.:puke:

Last edited:
Of course he wouldn't, as he wouldn't want to screw the regional lifers working there out of the potential for a $1 pay raise due to massive profitability if he were to just stick around.....

My post was latened with sarcasisms but it did get my idea across. Anyway, how does the Union chiefs allow this bonus? I thought there was something about equal pay etc. etc.?

Ahh yes the F the new guy mentality. That will never come back to haunt you.
Man, you guys are tough on someone with a different opinion. I still believe that it is the new guy who plans to leave as soon as training is complete who has the F the current employees mentality.

That being said, after much thoughtful consideration, especially after Palmtree Pilot's lucid post, I will retract my original opinion, as indeed sometimes it is best to take any job if no one else will hire you.

Man, you guys are tough on someone with a different opinion. I still believe that it is the new guy who plans to leave as soon as training is complete who has the F the current employees mentality.

That being said, after much thoughtful consideration, especially after Palmtree Pilot's lucid post, I will retract my original opinion, as indeed sometimes it is best to take any job if no one else will hire you.

I respect not only that you didn't continue to argue a point you had changed stance on, but also that you were freely willing to admit it in public. Perhaps I passed judgement too fast.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back