• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New hires dipping out of CRJ-XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, everything else aside; where can they go that pays a signing bonus? Can someone name the place?

RAH is paying a signing bonus??? How much? And could I get hired by Eagle and get that 5k and ditch outta class for RAH bonus??? That first year FO pay is rough and my son needs a new pair of shoes!!!

The company knows there are pilots who come just to get current. They try to weed them out during the hiring process but some get through. They just accept its part of running a regional.

It's hard enough to attract pilots when you compete against signing bonuses. If there was a training contract there would be no applicants at all. The real answer is higher pay, better first year qol and work/reserve rules. Not to mention top-of-the-line healthcare. They used to pay 24 hour per diem. Even that would help, but who wouldn't still run for better pastures.

We've been waiting for the pendulum to swing in our favor for years and now we fault those who benefit from it. The regionals have been combative and harassing pilots for years rather than positive and humane. Now they're going to bear the results.
I actually agree--great post. If any one regional in today's environment were to unilaterally impose a training contract, they could not compete against other regionals for the few pilots out there. I guess I'm just thinking about the ideal fair situation, which I can't see happening in today's environment.

RAH is paying a signing bonus??? How much? And could I get hired by Eagle and get that 5k and ditch outta class for RAH bonus??? That first year FO pay is rough and my son needs a new pair of shoes!!!
Ratherbeflyen, paid4training does a better job of saying in just a few sarcastic words what I was taking much longer to try to say. You think this shouldn't be frowned on or somehow prevented? If he were serious, he would be defrauding both companies, and he would be no better than the CEOs who defraud their employees through bankruptcy scams, etc. It's sad that you think the CEOs are being despicable, but pilots who cheat are "just being smart."

If you think being dishonest in order to get ahead is acceptable, don't be surprised when you eventually become surrounded by dishonest people. Be the change you want to see in the world!

I'm pretty sure there is a contract attached to the signing bonus, at least at Eagle. It is something like a training contract but only for the bonus money; leave before 2 years and you agree to give some back.

I actually agree--great post. If any one regional in today's environment were to unilaterally impose a training contract, they could not compete against other regionals for the few pilots out there. I guess I'm just thinking about the ideal fair situation, which I can't see happening in today's environment.

So wouldn't the ideal fair situation be a better overall pilot contract in order to attract the best and brightest? Or does that get in the way of the CEO squeezing employees out of money and therefore not maximizing shareholder value. Or is it that it gets in your way of making more money because the company is a bit less profitable?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back