• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New hire training w/GTA or Telesis?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they told you three months, you will get another interview. Persistence is good, if they see your app three months later then it says something to them. If you want to work for Eagle, PM me and maybe I can help you.

tk

I did the same thing...emailed Claudette after the 3 months was up and she told me they'd stopped hiring. Maybe that "call again in 3 mos" isn't a all that great.

They have been doing some on again off again hiring at Eagle lately. I know they are hiring right now, everyone has confirmed it. Might want to update and contact hr again. Most recent newhire class started yesterday with ten people, eight went to DFW on the embraer and two went to SJU on the ATR.

Apply to Ameristar or Cherry Air. You'll make more money than anything mentioned thus far, and you'll probably be in the left seat within a year or so instead of 5 years at the local regional. Only real downside is the schedule. I believe both companies are currently running 10 on 4 off. I work for one of them. Wouldn't go to the regional if you paid me. There are much better and faster ways to build Turbine PIC than having your baby eat ramen for the next 5 years.

I would apply to Ameristar or Cherry, but Ameristar's web site says they want 2000TT for FOs, which I don't have...

Cherry isn't hiring, AFAIK...

I don't mean to dog ya here man, but how long have you been in this industry?!?!? Don't you know that minimums are nothing but a way to weed out those who are too scared to TRY!!! When i started at my current employer they had a 1000TT hour min on their website...guess what, 450TT here and what do ya know, a job fell in my lap (no i didn't know anyone at the company, i just had the good mind to try and be persistent). If there is a place you are really interested in going, don't let little thigs like hours get in your way of trying! Do anything you can to get the job whether it be a personal visit to their HQ, a smooze fest with someone who knows someone there, or anything you can think of! YOU MUST BELIEVE THAT IT IS YOUR JOB TO HAVE, and only you can lose it by not doing all you can to at least TRY to get it.

Sorry to rant everyone...i always get upset when people sell themselves short and do not at least try to get what they really want. Our potentials are so much more than we usually perceive and it just bugs me.

So to make this short...TRY, you will at least put your name in front of them for the future if not anything else.

Whirlwind said:
Both are based out of ADS, I think Telesis used to be based in DAL, but moved. Their airplanes are now in the FirstAir building, or so I understand.

GTA does MX work down in Lancaster, but that is it as far as I know.

GTA AIR is based in Lancaster. They have planes at DAL, ADS, SAN. The pay is 1000 in the BE36, 1250 in the BE55/56 and 1500 in the 402 a month. They also do MX at DAL. I had a interview with them and went down there and didn't look so hot. As far as Telesis, they have better pay and seem to have better planes. Telesis is in the Firststar building. They both go VFR all the time unless they just have to go IFR. I don't really care for that at all.

Aero Charter & Transport, Inc aka "Chartran" Just opened a ADS base and has a pretty high pay for a multi piston job. starting pay is $125-160 a day depending on your run. job mins. are standard IFR 135 mins and 200multi. The company fly's C-402 & 310'shas bases in ABQ,PHX,SLC,and ADS. you can PM me or call their HQ at 505-243-8374.

Last edited:
What twins do they have?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back