Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whirlwind

Fling-wing pilot
Can anyone tell me what new hire training with these two companies is like?

DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST.....

Great people working there, just do your homework and then decide whether you really want to fly there.

Assuming your "experience" list is accurate...why would you want to fly for GTA or Telesis?...Just curious

propilot said:
Assuming your "experience" list is accurate...why would you want to fly for GTA or Telesis?...Just curious

It is accurate... I've got 94 hours of King Air 350 time and 60 hours of Beechjet time, with 250 total multi. I know I can do better if I move, but right now I'm not prepared to do that.

I want to fly out of ADS or DAL, due to our first child being on the way, I am not prepared to move for work this year.

My primary interest right now is in a steady income, I've been flying contract work in the jet for the past 6 months and the lack of steady income is starting to hurt.

If you have any suggestions for other companies that I could work for, and be assured of being based here (and home a reasonable amount of time), I'm all ears.

Neither of those companies pays anything resembling a decent living and last I heard GTA was downright poverty. amflight would be a better bet, still no way of supporting a family though.

My understanding on Ameriflight is that they have other bases, and you get no say at hiring as to which base you'd be assigned.

If my understanding is incorrect, please let me know...

Try Eagle, we just put 8 newhires in the EMJ in Dallas yesterday. If you want to live in Dallas, we are growing DFW like crazy. I make much more money at Eagle than any of the freight companies listed. PM me if you want more info. Good luck.

tk

SigAV8R said:
telesis is based out of dal, but isn't GTA down in Lancaster or something like that?

Both are based out of ADS, I think Telesis used to be based in DAL, but moved. Their airplanes are now in the FirstAir building, or so I understand.

GTA does MX work down in Lancaster, but that is it as far as I know.

Regarding Eagle, I had an interview with them in January, but that didn't work out for some reason. I'd got a letter in the mail a week later thanking me for interviewing, and suggesting I reapply in 3 months, but I figured that was just them being nice. I don't suppose they'd interview me again?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back