Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMB145

Frequent Flyer
Does anyone know for sure when the captain pay starts for those hired into the Ultra left seat?

Thanks.

Cpt pay....

I just went thru sim at ICT and the opinon varyies. some say you dont get it untill your checked out and signed off ( that could be up to 6 months if the IOE is slow...) others think you get it when your finished with sim and indocs.....

I've got indocs to go, so Ill guess Ill find out then...

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply guys, although it may not be what I like to hear.
Now, what about those SIC's being mentioned on this board getting paid CA within a couple of months from DOH?

Thanks for the reply guys, although it may not be what I like to hear.
Now, what about those SIC's being mentioned on this board getting paid CA within a couple of months from DOH?

The way I understand the contract,
those SIC's were compensated for being aircraft locked for two years. Once you are hired into an aircraft type you cannot switch to another aircraft until your two years are up. Of course you can bid for another aircraft and get it, but people who were off seat locks in other aircraft or people senior to you had to of passed on the aircraft bid.
Since some aircraft upgrades are slower, i.e. Falcon 2000 CA is running about 2 and a half years right now, anyone junior to you who upgrades and passes their PIC checkride regardless of aircraft type also entitles you to Captain's Pay.
At NJA everyone except BBJ pilots is paid the same regardless of aircraft type.
A very big issue right now is pay for weight in the next contract.
PS those Ultra off the street CA's entitle everyone senior to them to Captain's pay.
I was awarded Captain's pay 2 months after I started at NJA.
Heck, one guy I flew with, completed SIC IOE then went to take his PIC checkride and did PIC IOE.
Hopre this doesn't confuse you further.

Latest resources

Back