• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New head of ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spent quite a bit of time with the guy....pretty nice overall....just a little hint of used-car-salesman-sleeze......not too much though...he'll probably do a good job..who knows.....someone get me another beer

~~~^~~~ said:
For one, he was tired of the customer service and wanted to improve it. He was the only guy I ever heard talking about firing rampers and gate agents when they were rude to customers, or ignored airplanes trying to park.

Well here is his opportunity to follow through with those sentiments.

I personally heard him say in the ops class that "This is not a career airline. We dont want pilots to stay more than 5 years."

Nice huh?

bailout said:
I personally heard him say in the ops class that "This is not a career airline. We dont want pilots to stay more than 5 years."

Nice huh?
Well, if he joined in 1999, it would seem that his five years are up. Wonder if he would like looking for a job every five years?

Fins-

Looking for a job every five years like CEO/COO, sign me up! Wherever he goes, he'll command a six-figure salary. Compare that to a pilot that must go to the bottom on pay, seat, and schedule it sounds pretty sweet.

Anyhow, given the choice between BL and SB, I'll take BL anyday. He was a Marine, so let's see him lead us in battle!

New President of Skywest Airlines said something along the same lines a few years back."Ron Reber" doesn't like paying 15 yr guys for something he can pay a 5 yr guy to do either. Quote- the only way for an airline to remain profitable in a seniority situation is to continually acquire larger aircraft.

socony_air said:
um....no. i'd say i trust him as far as i can throw him, but he's a skinny little sniveler & that would frankly be too far. not that it matters. guess we'll continue to walk in circles for some time to come. nice start skywest.

Quit your job!!....spin in circles somewhere else....you arent needed!!

I always thought Labrecque personally was a good, solid guy from my experiences working with him. He's been running the ground operations in Atlanta for ASA for too long for me not to blame him somewhat for the disaster that it is.

Not that I don't love sitting on the ground for 20 minutes at 11pm after 2hrs in a CRJ waiting for ground crews to get back from their MENSA meeting to marshal the aircraft in.

Last edited:
Bad Choice!!

I think they didn't have any good choices. So much for some new thinking! This is just the same old mgt that has made a very unhappy group of employees.

We need some new "leadership team" members bad.

Latest resources

Back