• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new hawaii airline doing proving runs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard a rumor that they are going to fly the shorts to Guam and do mid-air refueling. I think the most challenging aspect of the inflight refueling is that it is extremely difficult to slow down the shorts as it is most aerodynamically efficent. I also heard that because of the refueling thing, Trans air is considering replacing the PT-6 engines with the RR high bypass Turbofans. Because of the limited fuel that the shorts can carry, the FAA has made an exception for Trans air to operate under Part 121-6-4b, which states that the min fuel can be reduced from alt+45mins to alt-15mins, or planned plus 15mins, whichever is less.

Trash8Mofo said:
Heard a rumor that they are going to fly the shorts to Guam and do mid-air refueling. I think the most challenging aspect of the inflight refueling is that it is extremely difficult to slow down the shorts as it is most aerodynamically efficent. I also heard that because of the refueling thing, Trans air is considering replacing the PT-6 engines with the RR high bypass Turbofans. Because of the limited fuel that the shorts can carry, the FAA has made an exception for Trans air to operate under Part 121-6-4b, which states that the min fuel can be reduced from alt+45mins to alt-15mins, or planned plus 15mins, whichever is less.

Maybe they'll just land on a fast-moving boat and refuel.

Trash8Mofo said:
LOL,
Actually, the feds are allowing seat rows 2 through 6 to be removed, and in these rows will be the new and improved styrofoam ferry tanks, allowing the longer routes to Guam and Saipan. Of course the smoking lamp will be lit!
Aloha,
T.

aviator66 said:
LOL,
Actually, the feds are allowing seat rows 2 through 6 to be removed, and in these rows will be the new and improved styrofoam ferry tanks, allowing the longer routes to Guam and Saipan. Of course the smoking lamp will be lit!
Aloha,
T.

Good one! Now that AQ is dropping Rarotonga, that should be on TransAir's expansion list too. Think big!

By the way, how good is the air conditioning on those things?

T-Gates said:
Misfortune to fly one?? So my point again, is if you have NEVER flown one...how would you have first hand knowledge as to how it flys?? I think it flys pretty dam n well. It may be slow, ugly, and carry boxes, but it pays 3 times more than what your making flying that ohhh so shiny Reset Jet for Peaknuckle.
Boys, give up trying to educate those who can't understand. We that flew that 'ugly POS' know very well just how much of joy it was to fly. After 3,000+ hours in the taco jet I still miss my Shorts...

nimtz said:
Boys, give up trying to educate those who can't understand. We that flew that 'ugly POS' know very well just how much of joy it was to fly. After 3,000+ hours in the taco jet I still miss my Shorts...

they're probably hiring....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back