Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New GI BILL - Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeeVee

Has anyone completed the entire TEB process yet? I just got an e-mail from AFPC yesterday stating that I needed to sign a SOU (statement of understanding), then e-mail it back to them.
I've done so now and am wondering what is next......?

TEB Question

I just received a documentation from the VA that I am eligible for 80% benefits. I have filled out the TEB form am awaiting word. Who is AFPC and where do I find the SOU form? The DOD is late in getting this program in gear.

I just received a documentation from the VA that I am eligible for 80% benefits. I have filled out the TEB form am awaiting word. Who is AFPC and where do I find the SOU form? The DOD is late in getting this program in gear.

Did you need to send copies of your title 10 orders to the VA to prove you were eligible.

Thanks

If you are retired, can you transfer benefits?

Currently transfer has to be accomplished prior to separation or retirement. I think it's actually in the law. Maybe it's even a cost saving measure since a lot of us wouldn't use the benefits for ourselves.

IMHO, they'll have to get the basic system up and running for the new separations before they figure out how to handle us. It doesn't appear they're anywhere near being able to handle the current flow, much less ready to process us, even if they do get the law/regulations changed. So I'm not counting on any bennefits for kid #1 or 2, but hoping for kid #3.

The VA piece and the AFPC piece are two independent processes. AFPC is handling the transferability portion delegated to the DoD. The VA determines a members eligibility for benefit based on service record. So, for an active duty member, they must accomplish the AFPC portion to give it to an eligible. Once you apply via the APFC secure website, you wait your turn and then receive the SOU e-mail. Print/Sign/Scan/Attach via the e-mail procedures and your ADSC updates based on what the DoD determined to the the requisite period. When the service member wants to establish benefit with the VA (for ANY benefit), you must use the VA website and fill out the applicable form. Hope this didn't confuse anyone.

Last edited:
I am still on active duty and went to the TEB website and filled out the form where you designate your dependents. Is there an AFPC page I also need to visit?

I am also on Active Duty still and have just completed this whole "process" (finally).
After you fill out the info on the TEB website (the website where you designate percentages for each of your kids, wife etc), AFPC will send you an e-mail (within the next few days). You will print out and sign an "SOU" - Statement of Understanding....scan the signed document, and e-mail it back to them. About a week after I did this, I received the "congrats, you have transferred your new GI Benefits to your dependents"....
Where did you fly the C-21? I flew 'em for over 10 years and taught at Keesler as well......we may know eachother?
BeeVee

Can someone explain how to fill out the form to transfer the GI Bill to dependents?

I retire in two years and want to split the GI Bill between my 9th grader and 7th grader and wife. So for my 9th grader do I put the dates as 2013 to 2017 with 12 months of tuition? The 7th grader 2015-2019 with 12 and my wife what if I only know she wants to go to school sometime in the future?

Anyone know who to ask? I think I understand the eligibility and all

Latest resources

Back