• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Gateway for Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And our first year FO's just got a 17k yr raise and 100 cities to choose from.

First day on the property every new FO will make $69,188 per yr BASE. If they elect to work 18 days a month this will be their yearly salary. If they decide to work 7and7 they will be paid $56,875 BASE yearly for the remaining 8 months.

They will pay $0 for medical, dental, vision, loss of faa medical, long and short term disability.

They will get 50% matching on their 401k contributions.

They will get paid $480 extra for every holiday they work. These holidays include President's Day, Labor day, Memorial Day, Good Friday and Easter, Martin Luther Kings day and of course the "big ones" like Xmas and 4th of July.

They will get paid $480 for every extra day they choose to work.

They will get $960 if they company fails to return them to their home base by midnight on their last day. They will get compensatory time off the start of their next tour. This includes late airlines, airline mx, severe weather...ANY REASON. Also they will not be required to travel past 14 hours on their last day. If they choose not to go over 14 hours they will be provided with a hotel and sent home on the first available flight the next morning and paid the $960 and comp time.

They will make an extra 8-15% above the base salary numbers in hourly OT and holiday pay.

They will have no training contract.

They will keep all hotel and airline points.

They will all have meals provided by the company at no cost while on flying duty while getting paid $40.80 a day in per diem. These menus include steak, salmon, satay beef, stuffed french toast and PBandJ :D.

Their standard hotel on the road will include free internet, will most likely be a Hilton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, or Double Tree. They will be Hilton Diamond members from the first day they are a pilot for Netjets.

They will get 12 paid time off days per year PLUS 14 days paid vacation.

And yes...they will be required to pay union dues in the amount of about $1000 per year (tax deductable of course!).

I know some unions "suck"...but please tell me why my Union sucks? Because I just don't see it.

Now this is where you union haters start wishing ill will towards us not unlike the animosity towards SWA. Everyone wants SWA to stumble and can't wait for their hedges to run out. They wish this on the only airline that still pays excellent wages, and has ALWAYS treated their employees with respect.

As always I hope these QOL and pay increases raise the bar in the industry and hope everyone else gets NJA + 1.

I had nothing to do with it. I fell in a bucket of sht and came out with a free hamburger. It is our management and our union that have worked together to develop efficiencies and QOL that have helped motivate the group and produce a profitable company.

Last edited:

First day on the property every new FO will make $69,188 per yr BASE. If they elect to work 18 days a month this will be their yearly salary. If they decide to work 7and7 they will be paid $56,875 BASE yearly for the remaining 8 months.

They will pay $0 for medical, dental, vision, loss of faa medical, long and short term disability.

They will get paid $480 extra for every holiday they work. These holidays include President's Day, Labor day, Memorial Day, Good Friday and Easter, Martin Luther Kings day and of course the "big ones" like Xmas and 4th of July.

They will get $960 if they company fails to return them to their home base by midnight on their last day. They will get compensatory time off the start of their next tour. This includes late airlines, airline mx, severe weather...ANY REASON. Also they will not be required to travel past 14 hours on their last day. If they choose not to go over 14 hours they will be provided with a hotel and sent home on the first available flight the next morning and paid the $960 and comp time.

They will make an extra 8-15% above the base salary numbers in hourly OT and holiday pay.

They will all have meals provided by the company at no cost while on flying duty while getting paid $40.80 a day in per diem. These menus include steak, salmon, satay beef, stuffed french toast and PBandJ :D.

Their standard hotel on the road will include free internet, will most likely be a Hilton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, or Double Tree. They will be Hilton Diamond members from the first day they are a pilot for Netjets.

And yes...they will be required to pay union dues in the amount of about $1000 per year (tax deductable of course!).

I know some unions "suck"...but please tell me why my Union sucks? Because I just don't see it.

Now this is where you union haters start wishing ill will towards us not unlike the animosity towards SWA. Everyone wants SWA to stumble and can't wait for their hedges to run out. They wish this on the only airline that still pays excellent wages, and has ALWAYS treated their employees with respect.

As always I hope these QOL and pay increases raise the bar in the industry and hope everyone else gets NJA + 1.

I had nothing to do with it. I fell in a bucket of sht and came out with a free hamburger. It is our management and our union that have worked together to develop efficiencies and QOL that have helped motivate the group and produce a profitable company.

Yeah, but do you know anyone at Flexjet who can recommend me for a $1,000 finders fee...:beer: :pimp:

Thats all great for the new guys but what about he guys that have been there for a long time (you know the majority) how does it really benefit them in the long run? Even I know this isn't set in stone yet you still have to vote. Don't state it like its fact until its ratified.

How much of your dues are going to fund Hillary Clinton and other Demoncrat politicians? Why are unions trying to do away with the secret ballot? Why have unions been losing members for years in America?

Sorry, not a joiner. They're not getting my money, because I don't agree with who they are, or what they stand for. I'll just let the free market works its magic for me.

my story stays the same. I am not a union guy either. BUT 1108 has done great things for us and they have lead the company in a direction of saving money because they have both the union and the company WORKING together. If we are all joined for the same cause it is good for both partys.

the union dues are miniscule in regards to the return of union protection, job security, and money.

The ignorant complain they gotta pay taxes when they hit the lottery as well.

since we are speaking of unions, their benefit really shows when you are at a company going under. I came from independence. If we did not have the protection of a union, our pay and benefits would have been totally stripped away. instead we had some control over how much we gave back and set dates for getting the raises back. Of course we ended up going under anyway.

And how about personal job protection? Failed a training event? screwed something up on the job? I bet you'd be wishing you had some union protection in your corner then. Remember the guys that got caught flying naked at southwest? got their jobs back thanks to the union... a few stories come to mind from independence too...

If everything if fine and dandy, a union is not all that needed. It is when the going gets bad that they show their worth.

since we are speaking of unions, their benefit really shows when you are at a company going under. I came from independence. If we did not have the protection of a union, our pay and benefits would have been totally stripped away. instead we had some control over how much we gave back and set dates for getting the raises back. Of course we ended up going under anyway.

And how about personal job protection? Failed a training event? screwed something up on the job? I bet you'd be wishing you had some union protection in your corner then. Remember the guys that got caught flying naked at southwest? got their jobs back thanks to the union... a few stories come to mind from independence too...

If everything if fine and dandy, a union is not all that needed. It is when the going gets bad that they show their worth.

Yea great union stories like remember the guy who raped a FA and got his job back because of the union, then he did it again. I love that type of protection.

Looks pretty good !!!

Yea great union stories like remember the guy who raped a FA and got his job back because of the union, then he did it again. I love that type of protection.

no...he got his job back after getting busy with his female FO during the flight. He got canned after the incident you mentioned.

I never said he deserved to get his job back, just that a union gives a pilot job protection. maybe too good....

Latest resources

Back