• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New flight school at ISP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeh, I dont know the details of this new deal, or many details about his personal life, I was just sayin I thought he was a good guy. I have been far removed from GA and flight instruction for about a year and a half now.

I thought the same too, he was ok going out after work for a few beers, but at work he was a wolf in sheeps clothing. good luck to hfa, all the same. i would never put my money into that.. good luck to you too, blue skies man.

For the guys here who seem familiar with ops at ISP, did anyone know a guy named "Andy B." - he might have worked at mid-island and than worked at some school at FRG? Crazy guy.

Bogey it is not a good idea to come online and talk bad about someone like that. The aviation industry is to small to be talking bad about people. Let me guess you worked at MMU? I have know him for 5 years and he is not what you say he is. Not to mention he has not worked for AF for about 9 months and had no intentions on starting his own school untill he realized how bad AF was. You really should get all the facts about things before you go and run your mouth. Ask anyone of the instructors, staff or students at ISP and you wouldn't here anything except positive things about him. The students must love him and the new prices b/c from what I here AF at ISP lost alot of students to them and it is not b/c they stole the master.

Last edited:
Wow. Such controversy. Who knew?

If I were going to make such claims (accusing someone of sexual harassment is considered libelous), and I wanted to be taken seriously, I certainly would not use a public forum to do so. Dangerous. Even when you believe you post "anonymously." Accusing them of THEFT is no better - unless you have some kind of proof.

Having said that, I also worked with this individual, and he is definitely ambitious and effective at what he sets out to do. That's nothing more than a recipe for success, no? I prefer to work with that kind of individual - they get the job done.

And, if what I have recently heard about the raw deal he got from the BIG school is true, then I certainly will never recommend it to another prospective student again. I will, however, recommend Heritage.

Again, I worked for and respected the BIG school. If they have resorted to the kind of business dealings I've recently heard about, then I have lost all respect.

See, no LIBEL here.

ClassG

The big school is AF. And from what I've heard, they pay their instructors an incredibly low hourly wage.
If you are talking about the big school being AF, then you are seriously mis informed, I was salary there as a line instructor and made about 10K more then what my first year at Eagle is paying me.

As far as this new flight school goes I personally knew S.P. and he is a great guy, be careful there bogey, calling names if they are not true i.e. no proof can get you into a lot of trouble on the net, it is not as annoymous as you may think.

I wonder how they're planning on dealing with the winter flying up here. Those SR22's have deicing equipment, but does anyone know it's enough to allow for flight training in icing conditions?

Cirrus Aircraft are not certified for known icing.

Several pilots have died proving this point.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

If you are talking about the big school being AF, then you are seriously mis informed, I was salary there as a line instructor and made about 10K more then what my first year at Eagle is paying me.

I was looking into CFI work with them at ISP a few years ago and recall the hourly wage being somewhere around $10-12 dollars. I'm pretty sure about that too.

I was looking into CFI work with them at ISP a few years ago and recall the hourly wage being somewhere around $10-12 dollars. I'm pretty sure about that too.
They changed it two years ago, I just quit last month, and the pay for the CFIs after being there one year is 3K per month, two weeks paid vacation, holidays off, and a five day a week work week, and medical benefits reimbursed up to 100 dollars per month, 25 dollars an hour overtime for any days worked over eight hours, or for any amount of time worked over 173 hours per month. As far as instructing goes it is by far and away the best place to work. And I am not pretty sure about that, I know it is right. Like I said, left one of the cicago schools OCT 1st.

Latest resources

Back