• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New flight school at ISP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how they're planning on dealing with the winter flying up here. Those SR22's have deicing equipment, but does anyone know it's enough to allow for flight training in icing conditions? Anyone know where they got this information from:

"The Regional carriers are hiring and over 30% percent of current airline pilots will retire in the next 3-5 years."

Good On Them

I know a little about these guys, and I hear they are really giving the BIG school on ISP some fair and deserved competition.

I used to work at the BIG school there, and believe that having some options there at ISP is long overdue.

Knowing what I know about the people who started Heritage, I am sure you'll get the best possible flight training at the best value. I'd look into this place if you're trying to decide where to begin or continue training on Long Island.

ClassG

I also worked for them at the big school on the other side of the field and they will get the job done and keep money in your pocket, Not to mention they care about the student not just the money, like some other school just care about the money.

I also worked for them at the big school on the other side of the field and they will get the job done and keep money in your pocket, Not to mention they care about the student not just the money, like some other school just care about the money.

When you guys refer to the "big" school, what are you refering to? As far as I'm aware, there are several flight training options on the south side of the field: Mid-Island and Am Flyers.

Do they plan on competing with these operators on price? How many 172s does Heritage currently have? How old are the planes?

Also the Heritage Chief Pilot is trouble :D ask him about "Satan's Chariot"

Last edited:
The guy who runs this school, used to be the director/owner of american flyers flight school. he is a coniving sexual harrassing biggot. all he would like to do is punish and undercut american flyers for canning him. all of the employee's of HFA are the old AF ISP instructors, chief pilot, mechanics, and DO. The president of HFA cares nothing about you, only your money. He thinks, he knows about aviation, and is completely ingnorant. Keep your money away..

Easy there BOGEY, I personally know the boss from the "Big" school as well and I think you must be bitter about something. My opinion of him is much different. He was a great boss. He was pretty outspoken and maybe one of the funniest people i've ever met. But if he's really going for this I have no doubt he will do a great job, for the student, the school, the employees, and himself. He is not what you make him out to be. On another note, Yes, AF did pay pretty poorly. About 14-15hr if I can remember. Oh the good old days... I dont know what the new place is going to pay but It sounds like a cool deal. Id try it out if I wasn't a regional slut and had money....

well that maybe the show he put on for you at your location. i worked at a different AF location. in my opinion all he did was belittle us, and incouraged us to read to the student word for word from the "bible" the AF manual. He tried to show of his knowledge base and proved ignorant. I personally know that he harrassed more than one director and more than one front desk girl. he was a cool guy to go drink with. that is about it. moreover, full time AF instructors are put on salary now, which is more than first year regional pay. I am still affliated with the company and a 135 carrier. Moreover, it is said that he stole the physical master from ISP to steal all of their students (that however, is just rumor.) all else is my personal expirience of dealing with him for one year.

Latest resources

Back