new faa license

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2000flyer said:
True, you'll have to mail in a few bucks for the new one.

However, young Jedi, take a very close look at FAR Part 61.60 and read carefully:

The holder of a pilot, flight instructor, or ground instructor certificate who has made a change in permanent mailing address may not, after 30 days from that date, exercise the privileges of the certificate untill the holder has notified in writing the FAA, Airman Certification Branch...of the new permanent mailing address, or the permanent mailing address includes a post office box number, then the holder's current residential address

Sure would be a bitch to get ramped and your certificate has one address and your medical another!

2000Flyer

I would like to change both my addresses to my post office box since my main post office I use is located on an airport.

2000flyer said:
Sure would be a bitch to get ramped and your certificate has one address and your medical another!2000Flyer

My certificate has one address and my medical another. Several FAA line checks and one ramp check later, no one has said a word about it.

BTW, our POI has informed us that putting your "new" address on your medical application counts as officially notiflying the FAA of a change of address.

When I moved from TX to FL I got a FL drivers license and that day went to the FAA website to notify them of my new addess and WTF...there it was my updated address, pretty creepy. The FAA seems to be keeping pretty close tabs on us these days.

4fanman said:
My certificate has one address and my medical another. Several FAA line checks and one ramp check later, no one has said a word about it.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the safe way and following the rules. I didn't realize a medical with new address constituted official notification. Nice to know though.

My bother-in-law, during his airline days, had an FAA inspector come onboard for a check. My in-law realized his medical had just expired and asked the Fed if he'd like to ride the leg and have lunch waiting their turn. Fed happily agreed. They landed and my brother-in-law ran off and got his medical renewed, returned to the airport and had lunch. After the return flight the Fed did his paperwork inspection, got a huge smile on his face and thanked the crew for lunch and headed back to the office.

Moral of the story, stranger things have happened...

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back