Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Embraer Legacy 450 and 500 - Which Frac Will Fly Them?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard that rumor too. Bombardier buying out Embraer.

Why would Embraer sell? Embraer is currently kicking Bombardier's butt on both a regional and a private-jet level. Embrear has ambitious plans with the Phenom and Legacy (including the 500 and 450) lines while Bombardier is gradually ramping up production on the Lear 85 and the C-Series (down the line). I suppose Bombardier's CL300 and Global Express lines are selling well but I can't imagine Embraer wanting to get out of the private jet market with its ERJ line becoming less important with the death of the 50 seat RJ in North America. Growth has to come from somewhere.

I've heard that rumor too. Bombardier buying out Embraer.

I've learned to never say never. However, I find this rumor to be highly improbable. The Brazilian government (like the Canadians with Bombardier) has invested too much money in financing the RJ side of the house to ever let Embraer be sold offshore. And especially NOT to a Canadian company.

I've learned to never say never. However, I find this rumor to be highly improbable. The Brazilian government (like the Canadians with Bombardier) has invested too much money in financing the RJ side of the house to ever let Embraer be sold offshore. And especially NOT to a Canadian company.

I agree - no way the Brazilian Government will sell Embraer to its rival. The Brazilians are riding a wave of optimism with the Olympics on the way - they won't give up their manufacturing jobs either (Bombardier could consolidate jobs in Canada). It's true you never know, but it seems highly improbable.

Latest resources

Back