• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its funny how we were so angry under contract 2012 that 40 percent said no, me included. Now, everybody is just thrilled to work more years under a contract they didn't like. What changed?

Profit sharing

Its funny how we were so angry under contract 2012 that 40 percent said no, me included. Now, everybody is just thrilled to work more years under a contract they didn't like. What changed?

Profit sharing.

We are like crack hos for profit sharing. One day, we won't be as profitable. My rep told me something that makes sense (so that means GL doesn't get it). The profit sharing is converted into an hourly rate so if the turn comes, we still get paid...WELL.

Like the line in Goodfellas....when management comes looking for help in the downturn.
Business bad? F U Pay Me
Had a fire? F U Pay me

Not the deal I was thinking we would get, but after seeing the road show I think its a yes for me.

You should consider a no vote imho. I like the good fellas reference, however DALAPA is the one doing the paying. When RA is making a profit you're going to vote to let him take profit sharing away. And when he's not making a profit he offers you profit sharing... vote "no" = FU pay me..

Ever? Take 2004 and add inflation. Now tell us the answer.

I never mentioned inflation-adjusted numbers, so why would I have added that? Inflation adjusted restoration is simply not achievable at this point in time (and probably never).

The best fact based post over on APC is by Jon Lewis, Captain Rep.

A lengthy letter that really dissects every angle. I won't post the whole thing here, but here's a summary statement that interesting...

At best, this TA is underwhelming in value in this environment and contains a number of truly ugly concessions that should not be for sale at any price. We should not support a mediocre deal and squander the best negotiating environment we have ever seen. No deal is better than a bad deal, or one that harms the Delta pilots. This deal may be on time, but it is way off target!

Well stated.

Seems like emotional nonsense to me, but to each his own.

The full text was very un-emotional. Dissectted the TA in the good areas and the bad. Far too many concessions, hence the summary above.

Anyone know the details of the hit on sick leave? Going to a use it or lose it system? I've read a lot about the loss in that area but haven't seen any details on how it's worse.....we have a lot of guys that have large sick banks and are afraid of them changing to a use it or lose it system and getting nothing for carrying a large sick cap basically as extra insurance thru their careers

We have always had a use it or lose it system, and that doesn't really change with the new contract. We get varying amounts of sick leave, up to 240 hours until the 19 year point, then 270 over 19. What's changing is this... We had a clause that gave us 100 hours per year with no questions asked unless you were out for more than 14 days in a row. They are changing that to 14 days of missed work with no questions asked. Then they are adding several layers of administrative crap (doctor's notes, medical record releases, etc) all designed to make it less convenient to use your sick leave above the initial 14 days worth. They claim that we have a bunch of guys that are abusing sick leave and that our sick leave usage went up 30% since we signed the last contract. Cracking down on sick leave use was apparently the company's #1 priority in this negotiation. Lots more details available on-line, but I'm too lazy to type them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back