New Delta Low Cost Carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlphEcho

This article is interesting, but I thought that Delta tried something like this already and it didn't work out so well. Is that my imagination? The direct link is not working for some reason, but the article can be found off of this page under "Delta Plans to Announce New Low Fare Carrier."

http://www.drudgereport.com

Last edited:
New LCC

Well if this goes it will have to be seperate entity within Delta. Lower pay, minimal bennies, etc. More of a Com/ASA cost structure, but higher pay for the crew. The only problem I can see here is that if this works, you can expect Delta mainline to continue to shring and the LCC expand. This whole industry is changing very rapidly and I dought that we will ever see it resemble pre 911 structures. Should be interesting to see how ALPA deals with this one as it will probably be an "alter ego" carrier.
:(

So something like this hasn't been tried before? Wasn't it called Delta Shuttle or something, or is this not the case? Anyway, if any of you can get the direct link to work feel free to link to it.

Why don`t they just lower fares on the runs they wanna apply this new carrier to. Sounds like my companys CPA. We`ll spend 10 bucks to save a dollar.

What actually is the problem? Since I don`t work for a passenger 121 carrier I don`t know, but I can say this. It seems as if every time I try to get back to Dallas from Detroit, it costs 3 to 4 times as much to travel on the big 3 back home as opposed to other alternatives of air travel. What is going to make this a low cost carrier? I think someone stated that flight crew pay would be the same as mainline Delta. I`m just curious as to how they are gonna build a low cost carrier without affecting pay for pilots since fares aren`t the problem. I`m not looking to start fights here, and I won`t argue with someone on here who wants to start a riot. I`m just asking questions since I`m unfamiliar with what is going on here. It does seem to me if one wanted to become a low cost carrier, they should have done so from the beginning.

Re: New LCC

Tim47SIP said:
Well if this goes it will have to be seperate entity within Delta. Lower pay, minimal bennies, etc. More of a Com/ASA cost structure, but higher pay for the crew. The only problem I can see here is that if this works, you can expect Delta mainline to continue to shring and the LCC expand. This whole industry is changing very rapidly and I dought that we will ever see it resemble pre 911 structures. Should be interesting to see how ALPA deals with this one as it will probably be an "alter ego" carrier.
:(

Whooeee! Whipsawing at the mainline level! Toss a bag of popcorn in the microwave kids, this is gonna be a sight to see! Wow...never thought I'd see Jonathan Ornstein-type tactics at Delta!

Latest resources

Back