• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL to Charge for First Bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And anyone want to guess on the fights that will break out planeside an RJ where passengers' carry on bags are limited by the small overhead bins?

A more realistic scenario will be more delayed departures due to people trying to cram everything they have into the overhead bins on mainline planes, and the resulting gate-checks.

I read in USA Today that some AMR executive said airfares will stay high even with oil dropping. They finally realized that you can't price tickets so low that you need 100% load factor to make a buck.....hopefully.

This just shows that DAL (I mean NWA) mgmt thinks it can jack people around now that it is the new 800lb gorilla.

Just shows how smart these guys are-They are now trying to put Air Tran out of business...... They should be careful what they wish for. AirTran is much easier to compete with than all those SWA planes who would replace them.

-Fun times to ensue-Air Tran goes tits-up, DAL thinks they can just jack the fares back up, and then SWA comes right in and hand DAL its ever-loving pink butt! (Don't think this scenario wouldn't happen a NY minute!)

P.S.-There ain't much pax loyalty to any DAL anymore-and a petty $15 bag fee sure doesn't help rebuild that.

A very bad marketing move on the part of Delta if you ask me. Being the "last holdout" for so long, they were able to seriously play up the fact that they didn't charge that first bag fee. It was practically free advertising for them. What this will result in is Delta getting a little more revenue out of those passengers who have no choice BUT to fly on Delta, but it may discourage some of those passengers who have a choice of carriers and are only looking at the best deal.

I have a lot of friends/family who work for DAL. I am originally from close to DAL's HQ. This used tobe a highly respected, even revered company.....

What I see is far too mch influence from NWA mgmt in the new DAL. I see so much of it that you could almost say that NWA just acquired DAL-their mgmt certainly did. Steenland (Mr. "just go thru your neighbor's trash to make up for you pay cut") is on the board-so are at least 4 of his buds.

These NWA mgmt guys should have absolutely no role-they are simply going to destroy a once-great airline!

If they are not careful, SWA will replace Airtran and flat-out kick the snot out of DAL domestically..... And judging by Europe's economy-that will really do some damage.

"Fun times to ensue-Air Tran goes tits-up, DAL thinks they can just jack the fares back up, and then SWA comes right in and hand DAL its ever-loving pink butt! (Don't think this scenario wouldn't happen a NY minute!)"

DAL would fly routes to LBB and any other Sh!thole SWA operates to for free if they have to, in order to preserve routes out of ATL that SWA airlines would be interested in competing for. LUV's management is fully aware of this. SWA is not interested in competing with any airline that is empowered, they will continue to pick on airlines that are sick like UAL and F9.

Just my .02, Peace JP

I wonder what is going on over in Spalding Co. Georgia. They seem to have gotten a ton of money for that 9000+ foot strip. Controllers are very circumspect about it.
I would not be surprised to see SWA drop a plane or two in to there each day. It will have the facilities to do so.
When you are on the Erlin Arrival near DALLAS intersection look off the right. It is a nice brand new airport.

From what I read these fees do not apply to the medalian skymiles members... so the business guy still won't have to pay.

I wonder what is going on over in Spalding Co. Georgia. They seem to have gotten a ton of money for that 9000+ foot strip. Controllers are very circumspect about it.
I would not be surprised to see SWA drop a plane or two in to there each day. It will have the facilities to do so.
When you are on the Erlin Arrival near DALLAS intersection look off the right. It is a nice brand new airport.
I think you mean Paulding County.

http://www.paulding.gov/gov/airport.asp

Last edited:
I have a lot of friends/family who work for DAL. I am originally from close to Dal's HQ. This used Tobe a highly respected, even revered company.....

What I see is far too Mach influence from NW mg mt in the new DAL. I see so much of it that you could almost say that NW just acquired DAL-their mg mt certainly did. Steen land (Mr. "just go Thur your neighbor's trash to make up for you pay cut") is on the board-so are at least 4 of his buds.

These NW mg mt guys should have absolutely no role-they are simply going to destroy a once-great airline!

If they are not careful, SWAY will replace Outran and flat-out kick the snot out of DAL domestically..... And judging by Europe's economy-that will really do some damage.

Your going to see more NW for sure..the My Delta folks should have read the story of The Trojan Horse.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back