• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new crew rest rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Emailing your representative is a waste of time. Congressmen know that if you can't be bothered to buy a stamp, it's not that important to you.

Emailing your representative is a waste of time. Congressmen know that if you can't be bothered to buy a stamp, it's not that important to you.

Maybe congressmen should get out of the *************************ing 80's. Just sayn.

Maybe congressmen should get out of the *************************ing 80's. Just sayn.

And out of office...just a bunch of in-bread upper class hillbillies...and if they could get out of the 70's I'm sure some of the 70 and 80 year old retir...senators might want to learn about that electronic picture box on the interns desk.

Last edited:

Man, that is just not true. I emailed Dina Titus about a week ago and got a really nice, personal email back that clearly wasn't a form letter and it addressed many of my concerns and taught me something as well. I was very surprised and impressed.

In fact over the past year I've emailed my senators and representatives multiple times and gotten responses about half the time. You have to personalize the letter, don't just forward some pre-written form letter like most do.

Last edited:
Man, that is just not true. I emailed Dina Titus about a week ago and got a really nice, personal email back that clearly wasn't a form letter and it addressed many of my concerns and taught me something as well. I was very surprised and impressed.

In fact over the past year I've emailed my senators and representatives multiple times and gotten responses about half the time. You have to personalize the letter, don't just forward some pre-written form letter like most do.

I agree Daytona. I have gotten very good responses back from my elected reps. I have even had personal phone calls. I have been invited in person to talk with my state rep. who office is 2 blocks from my house. I guess it's like anything else. If you come across as ignorant, uneducated sloth, no one will give the time of day.

Sending a real letter to your Congressman sometimes is helpful, but it's also going to take at least 10 days to get there because every piece of mail that's headed to the Capitol building or its offices goes to Iowa first to be "cooked" (read: sterilized) because of the concern about anthrax and other attacks.

That's also true of most mail that goes to the various Federal departments, including where I work. If you've never seen what a piece of paper looks like after it goes through the cooker, you'd be surprised. Think brownish and crinkly.

If you think e-mail isn't useful, consider writing something and scanning it into an Adobe Acrobat attachment or, better yet, just fax your letter to Congressman's office. You can find their fax number on their web site.

Latest resources

Back