• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CP's At ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think what you want, I don't go to those guys unless it's a last resort because I know they deal with a lot of BS. So there's a damn good reason when I ask for their help. BD has not only blown me off twice, but insulted me(unintentionally) in the process. The guy has just been in there too long. I welcome the new guys, and hope they bring a fresher face to the CP office.

Just the other day I heard a guy complaining about FL. A really senior line pilot, I was shocked to hear it. Being a CP is a thankless job that comes with a lot of BS. I know I wouldn't want it because no matter how good a job you do someone is going to think you're worthless. :nuts:

KS is a great guy. He is a gun pilot from way back. I have known him for many, many years. He is very approachable, has both feet on the ground, and can be a no BS guy when the situation calls for it. He is also someone you can sit down and have a beer with. He is no stooge and won't be a puppet. He is really close to the mold that RC came from. Good change for the pilots.

Dick

Great choice in KS. I've worked with him several times and he will do an excellent job as a chief pilot. Like the others said, I hate to see RC bow out, he told it like it was.

I hope you're right. In my experience at ASA, there was one CP I could trust--RC. Saw it first hand in SLC, and he's helped me through a few issues as well. Terrific guy and he will be missed as a Chief Pilot. I felt he represented his pilots--something that has been very rare at ASA. I've been burned in the past by a number of Chief Pilots because they represented Mgmt's wishes.

No, I did not apply. You couldn't create a payrate with enough 0's behind it for me to do it--ever. That being said, a good CP is worth his/her weight in gold. RC fit that bill, I felt.

I'm not saying either of the 2 newbies will be good or bad. Based on percentages in the past, I'm a little skeptical. Glad to hear KS is a good guy. I still wouldn't have traded RC for anyone.

Trojan

I agree RC is the most down to earth guy we've got and it's sad to see him go. I think he'll be happier flying the line, I know I would be.

I hope you're right. In my experience at ASA, there was one CP I could trust--RC. Saw it first hand in SLC, and he's helped me through a few issues as well. Terrific guy and he will be missed as a Chief Pilot. I felt he represented his pilots--something that has been very rare at ASA. I've been burned in the past by a number of Chief Pilots because they represented Mgmt's wishes.

No, I did not apply. You couldn't create a payrate with enough 0's behind it for me to do it--ever. That being said, a good CP is worth his/her weight in gold. RC fit that bill, I felt.

I'm not saying either of the 2 newbies will be good or bad. Based on percentages in the past, I'm a little skeptical. Glad to hear KS is a good guy. I still wouldn't have traded RC for anyone.

Trojan
USC,
You know who I am and I agree with you 100%. RC is the best cheif pilot that ASa has seen when it comes to taking care of his troops. I too have had some problems that he helped me with. I have gone to FL, BS and Bd and not one of them would help me with what I needed help.
I too am going to miss RC, not knowing the other guys, I am just going to have to see and wait to make my choice.

I love the uniform Nazi ! He was a straight shooter for the most part. I'm assuming that he's finally retiring?

And on the BD note. He's a puppet for management and was an enemy of the line pilot during contract talks....he's just another of 'them'.....That's one person that needs to be subjected to term limits in the office.

Is "KS" Ken Smith?
Oh and Robert Connelly (sp?) was the best damn Chief Pilot during my time at ASA. If one of his pilots was in trouble and in-the-right, he would defend them 100%. Period.

Latest resources

Back