• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What terms? There were no terms. It was our employee handbook in legal language. It was nothing new. We waited a year and a half for this?

The language in the TA you rejected is your starting point. If that was your existing handbook...fine. Start there.

There have been plenty of occasions where maintain and codifiying the status quo is a good deal. I'd have gladly voted for the status quo last year!

We might work with them if they let us know what's going on next time. A year and a half of unanswered questions doesn't really make us trust them that much.

Sounds like a "people" issue and not a "process" issue. If so, work on that one too. How are your reps recalled? How do you elect reps to replace them?

Is it supposed to be easy to get a copy of the TWU ByLaws? They're not on our local's web site. I found them eventually though on Local 665 1/2's web site or something like that.

Good! You have them in-hand.

You have an answer for everything so...

Only to the extend some folks have a complaint about everything, yet no willingness to do anything about it.

What is CLC? How many releases do NWA dispatchers do on an average day? These are bonus questions for you Razor.

1. Central Load Control
2. Don't know...don't care. Their work rules are in a contract, which may only be modified with their consent. [If you believe a direct comparison with NWA is germane, can you compare the size of the two operations...NWA and yours?]
3. What'd I win?

Emphatically vote no and start passing out PAFCA fliers. This helped remedy our situation. Goodbye TWU and hello PAFCA.

There were no flyers. There was a poll on a bulletin board and people surfing PAFCA's website on company computers. A lot of idle threats from a workgroup, the majority of which have never been in a union or have the slightest idea how one works. If it was that simple to threaten the company, why have the pilots not gotten anywhere by actually passing out cards every couple years?

If you think that this "threat" from a few loud voices was what turned the tide, I think you are sadly mistaken.

My previous statement was taken as a generalization. However, I still find it oddly strange that the 'new' proposal was hammered out in record time and coincided with PAFCA rumblings on the company intranet. Coincidences, I guess.

Last edited:
Razor, your continued input isn't needed. You won a turd by the way.

Are you bored with the Major's board?

I don't sit in your 500 MPH seat and pretend to know what's going on so therefore you should just stay in your area of expertise and stop spewing forth your "knowledge" or experience with your unions. If your union works for you, congratulations. Well done, sir. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe unions aren't for every employee group?

You have said more than once that you don't care about the workload we have to deal with so I think you can STFU now. You're only looking at everything from a pilot perspective. Thanks for your opinion but you can disappear at anytime.

I'll miss you about this much: (squeeze that index finger and thumb together)

Buh bye.

Last edited:
My previous statement was taken as a generalization. However, I still find it oddly strange that the 'new' proposal was hammered out in record time and coincided with PAFCA rumblings on the company intranet. Coincidences, I guess.

Yes. BH has never let the pilots walk over him. I don't think he's going to let a group of 100 dispatchers do it either.

There were no flyers. There was a poll on a bulletin board and people surfing PAFCA's website on company computers. A lot of idle threats from a workgroup, the majority of which have never been in a union or have the slightest idea how one works. If it was that simple to threaten the company, why have the pilots not gotten anywhere by actually passing out cards every couple years?

If you think that this "threat" from a few loud voices was what turned the tide, I think you are sadly mistaken.

I would have to agree that the PAFCA poll had nothing to do with SKW dispatchers getting a raise.

But of course you would not want a union to be on property at SkyWest, being in management.

Also, 60% is not a few.

Ok, NotEnoughHours, please tell us what the reason was that SkyWest dispatchers DID get a raise. I'm very interested to hear this.

Sky west dispatchers. Let me give you a little warning just in case your thinking about letting a union get there claws into you. When they are trying to get you to vote them in they will tell you anything you want to hear. The fact of the matter is they can't force the company to do anything. They can tell you they can get you a higher pay scale, doesn't mean it's going to happen. They can tell you the company can still give you raises while you negotiate your first contract, the company won't.. They can tell you they can get Jepp plates on every desk, don't count on it. They can tell you they will get you 10 hr pay for holidays, slight chance. The only thing you can count on is they will try to sell you on whatever POS they come up with so they can start taking money out of your check. Keep in mind, unions are big buissness now and there only priority is to get as many people kicking money up to them as they can. I have worked for two union shops so I have a good idea of what I am talking about.

I would have to agree that the PAFCA poll had nothing to do with SKW dispatchers getting a raise.

But of course you would not want a union to be on property at SkyWest, being in management.

Also, 60% is not a few.

Management? I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion simply because I told someone they didn't get a raise by threatening union. You are right, I don't want a union here because I have previous experience with unions. Do you? How many of those that voted yes did so because of emotions and don't have the slightest idea about how unions function? How many voted yes because some of the more bitter, influential people were pushing this?

Your 60% needs to be examined a little closer too. 60% of the people did not vote yes. 60% of the people that bothered to vote said yes. 26 of 76 people in the office. That isn't even enough people for the NMB to certify a vote. Take the poll again since this raise went through and it would probably be less than 26 this time.

Shutupandfly

Thanks for looking out. Update: SkyWest Dispatch - Still not Unionized.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back