• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Comair hiring minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
other regionals have had 600/100 for a while, we're just being realistic. we're getting crappy applicants because Comair is their last choice, not their first. If you have the mins, why wouldn't you go to SkyWest, Chatauqua or anywhere else first?

if the oft-threatened massive loss of aircraft ever occurs, it's all moot anyway.

i think the fact that we've only got 16 schedulers on staff, when they want 40+, will have a far greater impact on our daily lives...

Was I the only one that was really hoping the FO on the Comair plane that crashed was one of these 600 hr pilots? Would have been the best thing to happen to this industry. Insurance companies would have pulled their head out of their ass and put an end to this crap.

In 2003 I had CFI, CFII, MEI, over 2000 hours total, over 1000 multi, 500+ turbine (beech 1900 part 121), and 2 pilot walk ins (one was a captain), and they didn't even give me a phone call. It was that competitive then. I can't believe how things change.

My interview date was about four weeks before class began. They obviously aren't hiring into a pool right now so I would expect 3-4 weeks between interview and class.

Was I the only one that was really hoping the FO on the Comair plane that crashed was one of these 600 hr pilots? Would have been the best thing to happen to this industry. Insurance companies would have pulled their head out of their ass and put an end to this crap.

He was a FIFTH year F/O. I think his experience when he was hired was irrelevant at the time of the crash.

And to think 6 years ago you had to spend $12,000 grand to work there.

And to think 6 years ago you had to spend $12,000 grand to work there.

No kidding, funny how things change huh? In the early 90s I had around 4500+ hrs with 2300 ME freight dog time and Comair wouldn't give me the time of day, much less an interview... then again, I wasn't reaching for my checkbook to open the door there either.

No kidding, funny how things change huh? In the early 90s I had around 4500+ hrs with 2300 ME freight dog time and Comair wouldn't give me the time of day, much less an interview... then again, I wasn't reaching for my checkbook to open the door there either.

You and me both, I would have flown checks until I died before I would do that "buy your job" crap!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back