New Chicago airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto77 said:
I just heard about this airline today in our local news..they claim to be starting service this year into Pensacola regional. Tried to look up info about the airline and they dont even have a website or anything up. Seems sketchy at best. They claim to be flying 757s into here which will be interesting...our largest carrier and plane is Delta bringing in the Maddogs from ATL.

Since they're flying from Chicago-Rockford, maybe they'll be flying to the Mobile/Pensacola airport (10000ft runway) or the Valporaiso/Eglin AFB/Pensacola Airport (10000+ runway).

Pensacola's runway is 7000 feet long, operating a 757 shouldn't be an issue since ATA has flown their's into MDW's 6500ft runway.

BLUE BAYOU said:
Since they're flying from Chicago-Rockford, maybe they'll be flying to the Mobile/Pensacola airport (10000ft runway) or the Valporaiso/Eglin AFB/Pensacola Airport (10000+ runway).

Pensacola's runway is 7000 feet long, operating a 757 shouldn't be an issue since ATA has flown their's into MDW's 6500ft runway.

you are right..its isnt an issue of getting a 57 in here at all in 7000 foot runway..just meant interesting as getting a new airplane type in the town. They have said here in the local paper the last few days that they are indeed to serve pensacola regional KPNS .

Hopefully it will help stimulate the some interest in the community. I know it is one of the hardest places to fly into right now.

freightdogfred said:
I like it..Feats of strength, airing of grievances, and a Festivus pole in business class.

Where do I sign on?

No tinsel, though. I find it...distracting

magrs said:
Personally, I think there is more to this than we see. I have a feeling these guys have a pretty good grasp on what is going on in the industry, and are making a move on it.

There are some pretty big names on the insider list according to the Rockford paper, so who knows, maybe this will be the one to knock the rest out?!?!?

Great website regardless if they ever fly!

and i've got some land to sell you in south florida.

So what's the story with Primaris???

Talked to a buddy in the faa and did't come out and say it but he said the talk around there is that festival may be the real deal. But who knows it is the faa.

I've been doing some reading about festival and came across a quote from Michael Boyd. He says it's not a well thought out plan. My question is how does he know? It's very easy to talk negative about an airline who just made there first anouncement. I'm sure they have a buisness plan and I'm also sure they didn't go running to him for approval. I saw where they have been planing this for 2 and a half years with some guys who have been around in the aviation industry for a while. So I'm sure they have a good grasp on things. So what does everybody else think?

Latest resources

Back