New Chicago airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetjockey said:
"A new low-cost carrier will begin flying out of Chicago/Rockford International Airport later this year if a group of businessmen, some tied to the airline industry, can get their idea off the ground."

Oh No! They're tieing businessmen to the airline industry! I hope they can hold their breath.

Don't Chicago papers usually use the word "tied" in combination with the words "organized crime"? Uh, well I guess I answered my own question...

Yudso said:
Probably not the feats of strength. They will probably line up for the airing of grievances.

I like it..Feats of strength, airing of grievances, and a Festivus pole in business class.

Where do I sign on?

Personally, I think there is more to this than we see. I have a feeling these guys have a pretty good grasp on what is going on in the industry, and are making a move on it.

There are some pretty big names on the insider list according to the Rockford paper, so who knows, maybe this will be the one to knock the rest out?!?!?

Great website regardless if they ever fly!

Fins Up said:
They should change it to Festivus Airlines. The FA's would perform Feats of Strength during the flight.
They could have a shinny aluminum festivus pole at each gate.

Peter Brady said:
Just what we need. Another low-ball airline flying more midwesterners to vacation destinations.

I've already heard of this airline though. Its called ATA, Allegiant, Ryan Int'l, USA3000, Sun Country, Champion Air, etc....:erm:

Who do you work for that you think it the class of the industry?

magrs said:
Personally, I think there is more to this than we see. I have a feeling these guys have a pretty good grasp on what is going on in the industry, and are making a move on it.

There are some pretty big names on the insider list according to the Rockford paper, so who knows, maybe this will be the one to knock the rest out?!?!?

Great website regardless if they ever fly!

The model has been done and is being done..... at a profit.

Exactly!

There is certainly room for a larger, more financially "gifted" airline to come in and wipe out a few of the stragglers. I just have a feeling this is NOT some fly-by-night operation. I'll reserve judgement, but for now, I am eagerly awaiting the next straw.

magrs said:
Exactly!

There is certainly room for a larger, more financially "gifted" airline to come in and wipe out a few of the stragglers. I just have a feeling this is NOT some fly-by-night operation. I'll reserve judgement, but for now, I am eagerly awaiting the next straw.

I don't know anything about this new airline, or their backers. The one airline I do have knowledge of made a good amount of money last year and is backed very well.

As far as RFD goes, the loads in and out are very high. Maybe everyone doesn't know there is an airport there, but more than enough do!

I just heard about this airline today in our local news..they claim to be starting service this year into Pensacola regional. Tried to look up info about the airline and they dont even have a website or anything up. Seems sketchy at best. They claim to be flying 757s into here which will be interesting...our largest carrier and plane is Delta bringing in the Maddogs from ATL.

Latest resources

Back