New Cessna debutes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Salukipilot4590 said:
For some reason it looks like a Cirrus with a high wing... Other than that it doesnt look any different! Way to go Cessna with making an a/c to compete with Cirrus! Wait, didnt they just make another Cirrus? BAH!

Actually this isn't an aircraft intended to compete with Cirrus. It's intended market is recreational and training. To me it resembles the Symphony 160 more than a mix between Cessna and Cirrus.

Cessna may be unvieling their direct competitor to the Cirrus SR22 this year. Guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to it!

g

gkrangers said:
Christ people, read. Its a LSA. Its supposed to be tiny.

So you're saying that Cessna actually wanted it to be small??? Thanks for the clarification captain obvious.

I think you guys are talking about two different airplanes.

Cessna brought an LSA proof of concept vehicle to display, and a next generation single engine prototype did a few low passes.

gkrangers said:
Christ people, read. Its a LSA. Its supposed to be tiny.

Really? I would have thought that when it was finished it came out small, even though they intended it to be much larger.

The high prices for aircraft these days will eventually be the death knell for general aviation. $80K to the moon for a two seat LSA from any number of manufacturers? That's insane.

Gorilla said:
The high prices for aircraft these days will eventually be the death knell for general aviation. $80K to the moon for a two seat LSA from any number of manufacturers? That's insane.
But they are still selling a ton of them. I was at PWK a few weeks ago, and that place is loaded with 400K Cirrus and 600K Columbia 400's.

TrafficInSight said:
I think you guys are talking about two different airplanes.

Cessna brought an LSA proof of concept vehicle to display, and a next generation single engine prototype did a few low passes.

Here are some better photos of the NGPA (the non-LSA airplane) during its flyover.

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/new_cessna2.jpg

Looks like their LSA is also getting pretty good coverage in avweb.com and aero-news.net.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back