Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Carrier/Airplanes for UEX Aspen next year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sioux115 said:
Horizon was in talks with United last winter don't know what it was about other than some Dash-8 flying. Our management wasn't too excited about it. Who knows though, we just ordered 12 more 400's.

I believe UAL has a no compete clause for their express carriers in hubs. Horizon would have to choose between Ual and Frontier

E170

Ebraer is hot to trot on getting the 170/190 approved for Aspen. They already have it approved for a couple of airports like it. That would open up a number of carriers to doing it.

Cya,

CP

pilot772 said:
I believe UAL has a no compete clause for their express carriers in hubs. Horizon would have to choose between Ual and Frontier

Good point. I should have remebered that from the good ole' mesa days when they dropped F9 like a hot rock to get the United flying. Which Im sure F9 did not mind a bit.

Sioux115 said:
Good point. I should have remebered that from the good ole' mesa days when they dropped F9 like a hot rock to get the United flying. Which Im sure F9 did not mind a bit.

I thought Mesa was dropped like the hot rock back in '02 for their sh*t performance. I don't think they had the UAL flying lined up right away.

rightrudder said:
it might have been in the post today but it's old news. The only thing that could replace the BAC is the Q400. Not a suped up RJ. The approach speeds are too high.

As opposed to the near 140 approach speed in icing conditions in the Q400.:eek:

....I could be wrong on this speed since I don't fly the Q400, maybe someone who does could correct me?

captpetefam said:
Ebraer is hot to trot on getting the 170/190 approved for Aspen. They already have it approved for a couple of airports like it. That would open up a number of carriers to doing it.

Cya,

CP

Only one company has these aircraft: CHQ. That's who will do it if the 170 is certified to fly into Aspen.

In a recent employee meeting our CEO stated that before CH11 the Q400 was a done deal, based in DEN...now he says it still will happen.... ONCE we emerge from CH11......which he also thinks will happen by Jan 1st. Interesting talking point.

Waco

Latest resources

Back