Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Carrier/Airplanes for UEX Aspen next year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superjet

I read in the Denver Post today that United was going to ax Airwis and the BAE-146 in Aspen and get a new carrier/aircraft. I heard some speculation skywest might buy Dash8-400's and get the route. Anybody know anything about this. I would guess the dash8-400 would be the only airplane with acceptable performance for Aspen. What do you think??

superjet said:
I read in the Denver Post today that United was going to ax Airwis and the BAE-146 in Aspen and get a new carrier/aircraft. I heard some speculation skywest might buy Dash8-400's and get the route. Anybody know anything about this. I would guess the dash8-400 would be the only airplane with acceptable performance for Aspen. What do you think??

It is true that AWAC will operate the BAC jet until April 06' and then that's it. As far as another airline taking over, I haven't heard who and as for the aircraft, I guess the Q-400 is a possibility but Bombardier now has the CRJ-905 which is a hot and high performer and can handle Aspen. So we'll see.

True, but I will take ATLEAST 2 years before MESA gets any of those

Whore Jet will do it!!!!

Horizon was in talks with United last winter don't know what it was about other than some Dash-8 flying. Our management wasn't too excited about it. Who knows though, we just ordered 12 more 400's.

it might have been in the post today but it's old news. The only thing that could replace the BAC is the Q400. Not a suped up RJ. The approach speeds are too high.

Latest resources

Back