Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Bid just opened on 9/9 and closes on 9/20.

In order to meet the 2006 Business Plan requirements the 06-09 System Bid is being issued. Several key points related to this System Bid need to be mentioned. First is that the position that you are awarded on this System Bid will be the position from which you will bid for your 2006 vacation. Second is that if you change positions you will be able to bid for any training or advancement required as a result of this bid in the new Training Assignment Bid process, with the first Training Assignment Bid occurring later this month. Lastly, if you hold or are awarded a position other than your current position and you bid to be trained and/or advanced in the Training Assignment Bid process, you may be trained and/or advanced to that position regardless of the amount of time remaining until your retirement date. There will be more information in separate bulletins over the next several weeks describing the 2006 Vacation Bid, the Training Assignment Bid, pilots rescinding early retirements and the interaction of those items.

- CLE 737 CA : 3 Vacancies
- CLE 737 FO : 3 Vacancies
- NYC 737 CA : 0 Vacancies
- NYC 737 FO : 52 Vacancies
- IAH 737 CA : 0 Vacancies
- IAH 737 FO : 120 Vacancies
- GUM 737 CA : 0 Vacancies
- GUM 737 FO : 8 Vacancies

- NYC 756 CA : 23 Vacancies
- NYC 756 FO : 156 Vacancies
- IAH 756 CA : 17 Vacancies
- IAH 756 FO : 22 Vacancies

- NYC 777 CA : 10 Vacancies
- NYC 777 FO : 0 Vacancies
- IAH 777 CA : 3 Vacancies
- IAH 777 FO : 0 Vacancies

TOTAL CA Vacancies - 56
TOTAL FO Vacancies - 361
TOTAL Retirements - 184 (next 11 months)
TOTAL ALL - 417

Good post Ex. Congrats on goin' back to the 73. Does that mean you'll be programing the FMC from your right hand instead of your left?

Nope. Vacation bid and this PBS stuff is scary.

Does it still look like all us newbies will get EWR? Next week will be interesting! Thanks for the info - I'm sure hoping to go back to the 757!

I'd say your chances are good for the 756. It would appear most of the vacancies are EWR 756 FO and IAH 737 FO. Probably what most classes will be comprised of. I still think they use your age for senority in your class. How do you fare with that?

How long to get IAH? & How long to get off reserve in IAH? 737

thanks for all the info you guys supply.

B

Ex737Driver said:
I'd say your chances are good for the 756. It would appear most of the vacancies are EWR 756 FO and IAH 737 FO. Probably what most classes will be comprised of. I still think they use your age for senority in your class. How do you fare with that?

I would say that the junior position will still be the 737 EWR and the 756 EWR. I know there are quite a few 737 EWR FO's waiting to get back to IAH that will get it on this bid...Even though there are IAH openings, the company will not release us (EWR FO's) to that position till they can backfill the EWR positions...

And seniority within each class is by birthdate...

BID said:
How long to get IAH? & How long to get off reserve in IAH? 737

thanks for all the info you guys supply.

B

3-4 months as of right now to get back to IAH on the 737. I have no idea on the timeline for IAH reserve however..

Latest resources

Back