• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Boeing 737 - 496 overall orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All AirTran 737's have shades. They will be removed by SWA due to the advanced and incomprehensible nature of the design.

:bawling:

If you want shades they sell them at my local car wash... big suckers with a reflective surface on one side. They work great..!

:p

Boeing realizes its going to be a while before a true 737 replacement plane is developed...look how long and how many dollars it's taking to get the 787 up and running. In the mean time, without this move, Boeing stands to lose major market share to Airbus and whoever else in the interim, as its 737NG orders start tapering off. Keep the same airframe, and slap some more fuel efficient engines on it (which is where you'd get a quicker fuel savings return, w/o a total redesign). Then wait for all the 787 composite bugs to be ironed out. This would be a prudent "patch" until they get a truly viable replacement.

Last edited:
No wide-body can make it out of LIH or OGG to the west coast, they never even tried.

Shh, don't tell the United or Hawaiian crews who fly the 777 and 767 out of OGG every day.

Shh, don't tell the United or Hawaiian crews who fly the 777 and 767 out of OGG every day.

I stand "sorta" corrected. B767s aren't "real" widebodies.

I'd like to see the loads they carry out of OGG on either one of them. I also notice the time of day of each flight. It's kinda warm, in a Maui way, for UA824. The other one's at night where they get a little help. Either one would most likely require max-blast, and all the performance corrections they can get if they launch with a full load.

I believe United only flies the 777 out of OGG to KOA, maybe +/- 20 miles, with its 11000' runway and fuels up for the long flight to ORD.

You wanna see max blast? You should see one of our full 800's leave LIH. 27K bump, flaps 25 (SFP kit), bleeds off and a little prayer when you push TOGA...

Latest resources

Back